Room For More Media In Fluval 205

gaz gun man

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
Hey folks,

Removed one of the carbon packs from my fluval a few months back, to make room for a polishing pad, that will be coming to the end of its life in about a month, and what should I replace it with?

Which media gives the most advantages?
 
another one? but dont ( if its possible) replace it with "fluval"ones they must cost a bomb,and you dont need to run carbon all the time, only when you have completed a course of meds or removing tannins etc (colour), if you go to a craft shop you can get a massive bag of "wadding" (pillow/soft toy stuffer) for a fraction of the cost.
whats already in there?
 
If you dont need the polishing pad, another sponge would be your best bet. If you suffer from bitty water, then another pad, shelagh tip for cheap stuff sounds good.
 
Only reason I had the carbon in there was because thats what came with the filter, and when I set it up I had no idea if I would need it in there.

I dont think i'll bother with another polishing pad, they havent really improved my water, so I was thinking of some more Bio rings?
 
yup balls or rings, great as they have a large surface area for the bacteria to establish itself on ( most any brand will do the same job)

shelagh
 
I replaced my carbon with pollywool and more bio rings.

Wool to take small particles out and well more bio media can't be bad :)

I made sure though If I ever have to use carbon again that I don't need to take the bio rings out. I just remove the wool
 

Most reactions

Back
Top