Rock Slate Caves Help

JSmails

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
Points
0
In my constant battle to get my Sterbai Corys to come out from under the filter when the lights are on, Im looking at redisigning my caves. At the moment barring a pot which none of my fish bother with, I have two slate shelters.

These are just one slate leaning on an angle over another and one slate placed across two other pieces. These only provide a low small area for hiding but look good. Im looking at changing the latter one to make it bigger and maybe higher. Any ideas for doing this with three large pieces of slate available plus I can buy other rocks?

I dont really want them up against the tank glass, more to be in the middle of the tank.
 
you can make them easily, infact this was posted yesterday, thing is to be careful with the slate as sharp edges will hurt the corys :)

get some nice smooh pebbles and glue them together, or just buy some slate saves :) with no sharp edges ^^
 
you can make them easily, infact this was posted yesterday, thing is to be careful with the slate as sharp edges will hurt the corys :)

get some nice smooh pebbles and glue them together, or just buy some slate saves :) with no sharp edges ^^

Do you know where I can buy slate caves?
 
you can make them easily, infact this was posted yesterday, thing is to be careful with the slate as sharp edges will hurt the corys :)

get some nice smooh pebbles and glue them together, or just buy some slate saves :) with no sharp edges ^^

Do you know where I can buy slate caves?

ebay :D
 
you can make them easily, infact this was posted yesterday, thing is to be careful with the slate as sharp edges will hurt the corys :)

get some nice smooh pebbles and glue them together, or just buy some slate saves :) with no sharp edges ^^

Do you know where I can buy slate caves?

ebay :D

They all look very unnatural. Is there any reason why I cant close my current cave off with another piece of slate without glueing it together?

I know people warn of caves collapsing but if its is done without slate teetering on the edge and instead resting more solidly can this still be a problem?
 
you can make them easily, infact this was posted yesterday, thing is to be careful with the slate as sharp edges will hurt the corys :)

get some nice smooh pebbles and glue them together, or just buy some slate saves :) with no sharp edges ^^

Do you know where I can buy slate caves?

ebay :D

They all look very unnatural. Is there any reason why I cant close my current cave off with another piece of slate without glueing it together?

I know people warn of caves collapsing but if its is done without slate teetering on the edge and instead resting more solidly can this still be a problem?

thatll be fine mate, ive done that myself ^^ looks natural, i know exactly what you mean buddy!
 
you can make them easily, infact this was posted yesterday, thing is to be careful with the slate as sharp edges will hurt the corys :)

get some nice smooh pebbles and glue them together, or just buy some slate saves :) with no sharp edges ^^

Do you know where I can buy slate caves?

ebay :D

They all look very unnatural. Is there any reason why I cant close my current cave off with another piece of slate without glueing it together?

I know people warn of caves collapsing but if its is done without slate teetering on the edge and instead resting more solidly can this still be a problem?

thatll be fine mate, ive done that myself ^^ looks natural, i know exactly what you mean buddy!

Cheers mate, just need to find a solid piece to close the back with now
 
If you want the corys to swim outside of the cave, why not just remove the cave? :unsure:

One of our members, smithrc used to sell slate caves. I'm not sure if he still does.
 
If you want the corys to swim outside of the cave, why not just remove the cave? :unsure:

One of our members, smithrc used to sell slate caves. I'm not sure if he still does.

At the moment they hide under a filter. Trying to get them to use the other areas
 

Most reactions

Back
Top