RO water filter questions

Got it. There is no and :fish:
(except dechlorinator for the tap water)
Goodie! I got it! :# :fish:
So, once again, I get RO unit along (with) some RO water. I mix half tap half RO water together and add dechlorinator for tap? I just have to make sure.

I dont get it.
Why are you getting an RO unit AND buying RO water?
@seangee said I nailed it :lol:

I found something like this. Which is better?:

For this one is only filter:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The equipment you are talking about buying makes RO water, you don't have to buy the water from a shop. The equipment attaches to your water supply and filters your tap water through a special membrane. Some of the water goes through the membrane and comes out as pure water (the RO water) but a lot of the water goes down the drain. Some equipment is more efficient than others - this means that some types make only a bit of RO while a lot goes down the drain, while other's make more RO with less going down the drain. But with even the most efficient machine there is still a lot of water going down the drain.

Have you talked to your mother about getting RO equipment? If your water is on a meter, the amount of waste water going down the drain from the RO equipment will push the water bill up and she may well not be happy with this.
And you'll have to have the equipment attached to the water pipes which will probably need a plumber to do it. Will your mother be OK with this?

And you'll have to have the equipment attached to the water pipes which will probably need a plumber to do it. Will your mother be OK with this?
I'm not sure if she will be alright with it :/ If not I'll have to find a gas station that sells RO water or at least de ionized one..

Since you only need RO for the betta's tank, and using half RO and half tap water to do a water change, you won't need very much RO (or deionised) water each week. Your other tank which has livebearers needs hard water so you don't need RO for that one.

Because you won't need much RO/deionised it will be better to just buy the water ready made.

Since you only need RO for the betta's tank, and using half RO and half tap water to do a water change, you won't need very much RO (or deionised) water each week. Your other tank which has livebearers needs hard water so you don't need RO for that one.

Because you won't need much RO/deionised it will be better to just buy the water ready made.
Ok, makes sense. I use a 5L bucket for doing water changes so I would use half tap of one half of the bucket and half RO water for the other half?

You would need to mix the RO and tap water beofore putting the water in the tank, so you'd put 2.5 litres tap water and 2.5 litres RO water in the 5 litre bucket then add enough dechlorinator to treat the 2.5 litres tap water, mix it all up really well then put it in the tank.
You don't need dechlorinator for the RO half because the process removes chlorine along with everything else.

You would need to mix the RO and tap water beofore putting the water in the tank, so you'd put 2.5 litres tap water and 2.5 litres RO water in the 5 litre bucket then add enough dechlorinator to treat the 2.5 litres tap water, mix it all up really well then put it in the tank.
You don't need dechlorinator for the RO half because the process removes chlorine along with everything else.
Ok. Thank you! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back