Hi folks,
I use remineralised RO water in may fish tanks to lower the PH but am beginning to think it may be unnecessary unless I have very sensitive fish.
Would it be ok to use 50% RO & 50% conditioned tap water without the need to add rebuffering salts to the water? This would also be a cost saving to myself as I would no longer need to purchase remineralising products and cut down on my water consumption.
Let me know what you think, my tap water is about 7.8ph and ideally I have it around 6.5 in my tanks.
Cheers,
Bricko
I use remineralised RO water in may fish tanks to lower the PH but am beginning to think it may be unnecessary unless I have very sensitive fish.
Would it be ok to use 50% RO & 50% conditioned tap water without the need to add rebuffering salts to the water? This would also be a cost saving to myself as I would no longer need to purchase remineralising products and cut down on my water consumption.
Let me know what you think, my tap water is about 7.8ph and ideally I have it around 6.5 in my tanks.
Cheers,
Bricko
Also, why are you using the RO? Just to lower the pH? If so, what fish are you keeping, and what pH do you usualy target?







