rip pleccy

SpEeDhOrN

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i found it covered in sand all except for its tail dead in my tank. is this normal ? all my levels are perfect ph, nitrite, ammonii etc and there are no predatorial fish in the tank with it :( i i could see was its long tail sticking out from under my bog wood

I hope that doesn't happebn to my Plec or to anybody elses Plec. Did it have any marks or anything in it's mouth? etc.
:rip:

Sorry to hear about the loss...

What type of filtration do you have? What do you feed it? What intervals?

no it was in perfect condition but always used 2 dig in my sand and last night it dug under a rock to far and the rock trapped it while i was sleeeping so when i woke up it was berried totally cept for its tail fin in sand and the big rock :( i feel like it was my fault :(

What type of filtration do you have? What do you feed it? What intervals?

I asked those questions becuase maybe the tank was in poor condition. It was not doing well, so it dug itself a gravel with a headstone :D

crazie.eddie said:
I asked those questions becuase maybe the tank was in poor condition. It was not doing well, so it dug itself a gravel with a headstone :D
Yeah, that's really sensitive. -_-

Sorry to hear what's happend to your plec. :sad:

just warning others to be carful if ur plec starts to dig dont let it get crushed

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, large Plecs like the Gibbiceps and Common Plecs often barge their way around the tank thinking their indistructable. My Gibbiceps often barges over plants and uproots them when he wants to get somewhere quick. :)

Most reactions

Back