Rio 400 Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well there won't be an pics tonight as I'm still letting the sev settle in so I'll get some tommorow but everything seems fine upto now and I've gotta say if any one spots a triportheus angulatus in a fish shop then buy it quick or preferably pm me lol as they are super cool fish :drool: and one of my favourites currently really glad I stumbled on this one

Atb bae

Well I went wharf aqautics today and picked up a Lima shovel nose priced at £28 but because it was abit small he let us have it for £20 hes about 5 inches so he's now in and I'll get pictures tonight for sure lol

I have noticed that ever since the Oscar has gone the parrot ( almost 3 times the oscars size) is out all the time where as it was only out for a few minutes at a time before

But here's a update stock ( ime doing this for my own records more than anything but it's helpful also)

The ones I need are In red
1 parrot chiclid
1 gold Severum
1 triportheus angulatus
3 clown barbs
2 long fin barb need 1
3 pimelodella blochi need 2
1 Senegal birchir
1 delhezi birchir

Lima shovel nose

Bae

Got some pics couldn't of the blochii but I'll put these up any way no fts tho

Excuse the picture quality :harsh:

The Triportheus

DCFC0004.jpg

The sev
DCFC0005.jpg

the Lima
DCFC0007.jpg

Atb bae

Lima is out all day much more active than I thought it would be considering my last one :hyper:

Well I got another long fin barb ( with a credit note I got for the oscar)

So it's now

The ones I need are In red
1 parrot chiclid
1 gold Severum
1 triportheus angulatus
3 clown barbs
2 long fin barbs
3 pimelodella blochi need 2
1 Senegal birchir
1 delhezi birchir

Lima shovel nose

Unfortunatly the hatchet seemed to just die on me no reason why but I've decided to change to light sand and change the layout but I was wondering if I could have two kissing Gouramis in here

Here's what I've got

The ones I need are in red

And the ones I want are in blue

1 true parrot
1 yellow Severum
3 clown barbs
2 long fin barbs
1 pimelodella blochi
1 Lima shovelnose
senegal birchir

2 kissing Gouramis
2 sydontis catfish

And it's filtered by a fx5 and has two powerheads

Change of mind again lol
( reposting so I can catalogue it in my head really)
Here's what I've got
And the ones I want are in blue

1 true parrot
1 yellow Severum
3 clown barbs
2 long fin barbs
1 pimelodella blochi
1 Lima shovelnose

2 kissing Gouramis
1 sydontis catfish
1 common plec

And it's filtered by a fx5 and has two powerheads

Would you say that's too much???

Would you say that was too much

Impatient bump :grr:

Sounds like a nice tank but we need pics!!!

For me I would skip the Gouramis and get some more of the schooling fish - so 3 more long fin barbs and 2 more clown barbs.

Wills

I'll get some pics soon need to move some plants back as the parrot decided to redecorate lol

Hmm I don't really want any more barbs as they're already dominating the view abit already so would you think the Gouramis would be ok (used to have them in a 5x2x2 when I was 8 ish)

How about cutting one of the schools and upping the other out to a good level, 5 or 6?

Gourami should be okay - but they are a big fish and would be at the upper end of your size fish :/

Wills

Hmm yeah we'll the barbs are shoaling really well at the minute so I want to keep the, as they are for now

Instead of the Gouramis can you think of a single fish of around 5-7 inches

Chears brad

Well all the fish has grown I felt the old layout was abit cramped and the tank was too dark

So I set up a 4ft tank and fished all the fish out these parrots have a good kick in there tail and soaked me lol

So have changed to light sand now and changed the layout a lot so there's much more space for the fish so will update this with pictures tomorrow as long as its upto temp :good:

Bae

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back