FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi Bigc got some notho ranchovi eggs coming

and any tips on raisng the eggs for notho rachovi

thanks again :good:

AH not again. Sorry to burst you bubble, these are not an easy species to begin with. Infact they are relatively hard. You went for the colourful option didn't you as so many have done before. Ok you've gone and done it now so I guess you'll have to give it a go.
Read the following thread which will be relevant to you.
http://www.fishforums.net/content/Killifis...illiefish-Eggs/
Regards
BigC

i was suppse to get guntheri wasnt i

ive been proper told off now :blink:

you must be fed up with us lot by now

ive been proper told off now

LOL
No not in the slightest, just you'll have your work cut out here if you want to sucessfull rear them. One word to the wise dont make rash decisions when things go slightly wrong, thats a sure fire way to loose an entire batch of fry. Keep in touch and I'll guide you through it step by step. (I'm on here most evenings). I cant say for certain that you'll rear most of the fry, but if you get a couple of pairs/trios it will be a sucess for the next generation. Nows the time to get the infusoria cultured dont leave it until later do it now. And get some Brineshrimp eggs in and a microworm cultures going also.
Regards
BigC

ive been proper told off now

LOL
No not in the slightest, just you'll have your work cut out here if you want to sucessfull rear them. One word to the wise dont make rash decisions when things go slightly wrong, thats a sure fire way to loose an entire batch of fry. Keep in touch and I'll guide you through it step by step. (I'm on here most evenings). I cant say for certain that you'll rear most of the fry, but if you get a couple of pairs/trios it will be a sucess for the next generation. Nows the time to get the infusoria cultured dont leave it until later do it now. And get some Brineshrimp eggs in and a microworm cultures going also.
Regards
BigC

thanks BigC really appreciated

when would the fry be able to feed on vinager eels

and do u know what other fry could manage this staright away

Have you got Vinegar Eel, if so thats another great food for these. You need infusoria for the first couple of days, this is the most critical time for the Rachovi fry. After that BBS is the norm with what ever else you want. Cleanliness is also a big factor when rearing these. You can also place a few grains of cooking salt in the fry tub only a few grains mind. Some say it wards off Velvet. Have my doubts but it serves no harm to include this. Keep the tubs spotlessly clean no decaying food whatsoever. They also need feeding quite regularly 4-5 times per day but only small amounts. Provide enough food so as the fry dont have to expend a lot of energy chasing it around.
Vinegar eel wil do for most small fry but it will be quickly superceeded by BBS and Microworm. N. Rachovi will not do well on dry or even frozen food and you shold also make provisions for live food weither cultured (grindalworm/whiteworm) or midge larvae and bloodworm fruitfly etc...etc...etc.
Regards
BigC

Have you got Vinegar Eel, if so thats another great food for these. You need infusoria for the first couple of days, this is the most critical time for the Rachovi fry. After that BBS is the norm with what ever else you want. Cleanliness is also a big factor when rearing these. You can also place a few grains of cooking salt in the fry tub only a few grains mind. Some say it wards off Velvet. Have my doubts but it serves no harm to include this. Keep the tubs spotlessly clean no decaying food whatsoever. They also need feeding quite regularly 4-5 times per day but only small amounts. Provide enough food so as the fry dont have to expend a lot of energy chasing it around.
Vinegar eel wil do for most small fry but it will be quickly superceeded by BBS and Microworm. N. Rachovi will not do well on dry or even frozen food and you shold also make provisions for live food weither cultured (grindalworm/whiteworm) or midge larvae and bloodworm fruitfly etc...etc...etc.
Regards
BigC

got vinager eels courtesy of "netty" and "bronze cory"

I tried once to make infusoria with your method but it never seemed to clear stayed cloudy then went off after a week

what am i doing wrong?????

i used cooled boiled water added milk powder stirred it up and left it

I tried once to make infusoria with your method but it never seemed to clear stayed cloudy then went off after a week

what am i doing wrong?

Temperature maybe, also I stored mine on the bottom shelf in the fish-house not much light but again, not total darkness.
If you cannot get yours going try the veg/plant matter method.
Regards
BigC

what am i doing wrong?

Temperature maybe, also I stored mine on the bottom shelf in the fish-house not much light but again, not total darkness.
If you cannot get yours going try the veg/plant matter method.
Regards
BigC

how do u do it with that method

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back