Rhysiboy's Nano Journal

hi

im looking to start up a tank of a simalar size , not so large at first for obvious reasons.

i really like the look of your tank and was wondering could you give details of the tank, make, cost, stockists etc

thanks

my first post covers a lot of that. The tank itself, including stand and TMC v2 400 skimmer was £320. this had lights, filter and heatre and the skimmer was £90 extra.Ive probably spent in the excess of £130 on my rock, £70 on fish - which are over time 1 bicolour pseudochrimis, 1 yellow clown goby, 2 occelaris clownfish, 3 green chromis and 1 sixlikne wrase. The bicolour pseudo was traded in, the clown goby met an unfortunate end with my seio 620, and the 3 chromis died within 3 days of having them. Coral wise i have only spent £60 ish but have had a good deal recently with all my soft coral i got and also some things i got for free, such as the stripey mushroom from my LFS and my pulsing xenia that someone of this forum sent me (thanks adam, p.s it looks great now)

On hardware ive spent £70 recently on lights, £30 on seio 620 £90 on TMC v2 400 skimmer.......
Then at the moment ive probably spent near £70 on salt and water lol.

So that makes the total expense that i spent at around £775. Its probably cost nearer a grand if im honest.

Hello an update for all who are following the thread :D be warned major ammount of pictures though :crazy: . Yesterday i purchased a midas blenny for £20 and hes amazing. All of the fish aregetting along perfectly and not a single squable!! Let me introduce the fella
P8230311.jpg

P8230303.jpg

And now for a needed tank update

P8230328.jpg

P8230327.jpg

Thanks again adam for the xenia its doing awseome and appears to be splitting into 2 stalks
P8230324.jpg

P8230305.jpg

heres some shots of various things
P8230309.jpg

does anyone know what this is? its at the front of my tank
P8230319.jpg

Also does anyone know what these two thingsare? he he really proud of second shot almost perfect macro
P8230318.jpg

P8230317.jpg

My mushroom has now split 5 times and all of the smaller ones are getting pretty big now
P8230315.jpg

heres what remains of my yellow polyps
P8230314.jpg

Heres a sofot coral
P8230306.jpg

and then soft coral cave. This is what it looked like whne first added
P8020295.jpg

P8020296.jpg

P8020298.jpg

this is how it looks now
P8230307.jpg

LOL great pics and some freaky looking things you have growing there;)
My guess is the round things on the gravel are some kind of toadstool/mushroom and the other thing some kind of tube worm.. But to be honest Ive not seen either before :huh: :lol:

i got a hell of a load of freaky stuf that has practically no references on the net lol. all of the freaky things came in the £20 deal i got and are just bits of rock that have been sitting at the back of the displays for years

Amazing tank rhysiboy! I think Macroalgae looks fantastic in a display tank, I'm hoping to do something similar to yours once I get things properly on the go. Did much of it hitchhike its way into your tank? Where did you source the red grape?

Mark

i got the red grape and the chaeto of members of this forum. The caulerpa and some other algaes dotted about ar hitchhickers, bought a piece of live rock especialy for the algae. Maybe down the line when you set up i could send you a small selction of algaes of course postage might need to be paid as im a skint teenager like lol

Thanks for the offer, sounds like a good idea to me. I'm in the process of cycling just now so once things are stable and I've got a new lighting setup on the go I'll be looking at livestock and macroalgaes, I'll be in touch no doubt. :)

Well i thinks its safe to say i need an update so lets go. For starters i moved the tanks aquascaping around to give a better space for coral placement. This is what i got in the end
PA110048.jpg

So then this settled in so i thought ill buy some new corals
PA290192.jpg

PA290198.jpg

Then shock horor my 6line wrasse died. :( RIP little dude so i left my tank for a month without anything
PA290242.jpg

Then this saturday i purchased two lovely little bangaii cardinals that are getting along a treat with each other adn the rest of um
PB100272.jpg

and heres the tank as of sunday
PB100273.jpg

Nice 'scape, I love the blenny and cardinals. How long have you had the midas?

I love your tank :) You definitely have an eye for landscaping and the combination of corals and macro's is brilliant!

Most reactions

Back