Rhaegar Checking In!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SmokedPaprika

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Afternoon, all!  My name is Rhaegar - I believe my new Mum's told you all about me, but unfortunately she's been having a tough time at work and hasn't had much chance to update you for a while, so I figured I'd take care of that myself.  

No pictures to show you, unfortunately; you'll have to take my word that I'm a handsome cherry-red veil tail, though the veins on my fins look lilac in some lights.  Mum's lost something called a camera cable, which apparently is important for putting pictures on her computer.  Hopefully she'll get a new one soon, then you can all see how splendid I am.

I live in a 22 litre cube with an inbuilt heater that keeps me at a toasty 28 degrees, and a nice gentle filter that keeps my water clean.  I like playing in the current, which makes my Mum laugh, and resting on the leaves of that nice big plant she put in for me - I think it's called anubia? Anyway, it's much nicer than the fake one that was in there before; it had little plastic spines on the base, which were definitely not good for my fins.  Mum's also on the lookout for a nice piece of bogwood or a little cave for me to hide in; at the moment I have a little parthenon that my old Mum bought me, but I'm not a great fan of ancient Greek architecture!  (Ssh, don't tell her, she did her best).  

When Mum gets her new cable, I'll make sure she updates this thread with some pictures.  Until then, all, take care - it was nice to meet you!

Hey Rhaegar, so great to finally hear from you :D

You sound an absolute character and I'm glad your mum picked you. I can't wait to see pics of your home, your mum put lots of thought into it for you, and we were all excited about the day of viewing and who would be the lucky betta.

Now you continue to be a well behaved betta and no fin nipping like my veiltail boy is currently doing :D

Thank you for your update, and I hope you got successfully back into your cube after typing this message -(you must be a very quick typer!)

Will keep an eye out for your photos!

And there you have it from the betta's mouth (sort of).

He's settled in beautifully - no sulks, no fasting, no tail biting, no issues of any kind.  Though I might have a word about escaping from the cube to use my laptop, that can't be good...

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and help before I brought my boy home; it's been really helpful!

Shelster said:
Hey Rhaegar, so great to finally hear from you
biggrin.png

You sound an absolute character and I'm glad your mum picked you. I can't wait to see pics of your home, your mum put lots of thought into it for you, and we were all excited about the day of viewing and who would be the lucky betta.

Now you continue to be a well behaved betta and no fin nipping like my veiltail boy is currently doing
biggrin.png

Thank you for your update, and I hope you got successfully back into your cube after typing this message -(you must be a very quick typer!)

Will keep an eye out for your photos!

Character is definitely the word, Shelster.  I hope your boy stops with his fin nipping soon :(

Awww it's nice to hear that you have settled in your new home, Rhaegar! Thanks for the update!
Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you manage to get a new cable, Paprika!

Most reactions

Back