Reviving the tiger barb group

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So my tiger barb tank diminished from 9 to about 4...( my cories are still all doing great. Theyā€™re so cute). Iā€™m planning on adding about 8 more, except I currently donā€™t have my quarantine tank open since my new parrot convict is in there. Would I be able to add all 8 in at once? I feel like this will cause the water levels to go crazy after a few hours...

So my tiger barb tank diminished from 9 to about 4...( my cories are still all doing great. Theyā€™re so cute). Iā€™m planning on adding about 8 more, except I currently donā€™t have my quarantine tank open since my new parrot convict is in there. Would I be able to add all 8 in at once? I feel like this will cause the water levels to go crazy after a few hours...

Are there live plants? If you have these, and some are fast growers, and here floating plants are ideal, you will not see any ammonia from any number (within reason) of new fish additions.

Floating plants have such benefits they really should be considered almost mandatory for any aquarium. As well as shading the light which all forest fish appreciate, they are incredible ammonia sponges for water quality. Water Sprite, Frogbit, Water Lettuce, or some stem plants left floating all work.

Moving beyond that, you should be OK adding the 8 TB together--and given the feisty nature of this species it is highly advisable to add all of them together. If the filter is established this should handle it, I am assuming this is the 29g tank referenced elsewhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back