Reviews?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If not I can just move it to the new area when the time comes.

Just a thought or two.

Most of us shop online. How often when you are doing so you see customer reviews? How often are some of these really negative? Do we see these sites/companies being sued? I do note they usually give info on posters self described level of experience and ask how long the product was owned. Maybe have folks indicate years in the hobby, number of tanks, how long they have owned the product?

How many folks remember the Stealth heater recall? It was posts on sites all over the net that got that ball rolling, imo.
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2011/Aquarium-Heaters-Recalled-by-United-Pet-Group-Due-to-Fire-and-Laceration-Hazards/

Good suggestions.

I can see how years in the hobby and how long they have owned the product tells us a lot about the review itself.

I think that aside from not wanting any battles with companies over what can and cant be said about their products, we don't need hundreds of posts about bad experiences people have had. They can be aired on the forum and that is what the forum is for. If the product is poorly made or didn't live up to expectations or do the job it was designed to then it warrants a poor review.. 

But if someone is looking for a new filter and they have to wade through hundreds of negative reviews of products to find reviews of products that are actually worth buying, it gets tedious and the review section wont be used for the reason it is being created for.

We all know everybody loves a good ole whine when something goes wrong but it doesn't always mean the product is poor, it was just a faulty one and if so, did the manufacturer do anything to help?

For example, I had an Arcadia light ballast (actually a reptile one but nm) and it literally exploded! I happened to walk into the room in time to see a flash and hear a loud crack. It was just the ballast as it was plugged into a surge protected extension lead with another arcadia basking light and that was fine! But my ballast was cracked, warped and blackened. Scared the life out of me and I was furious!

I rang up Arcadia right away in a bit of a strop to be fair and the lady I spoke to was exceptionally polite and helpful and more than a little bit horrified at my tale and promised to courier me out a new unit FOC right away.

When she said right away... she honestly wasn't joking! I called at about 5pm in the evening and the new ballast arrived at 10am the next morning! Not just a unit like the one that went wrong but an upgraded version as well.

I absolutely couldn't fault their customer service! I had a product that went horribly wrong but I wouldn't give it a poor review, they are excellent light units and better than most of a similar kind.

A review is a criticism of a work/accomplishment. :p

While some reviews may contain criticism many will contain praise.

They should be a critique rather than a criticism.

Criticism: act of criticizing: a spoken or written opinion or judgment of what is wrong or bad about somebody or something

Critique: review of somebody's work: a written or broadcast assessment of something, usually a creative work, with comments on its good and bad qualities

We are looking for the latter. :)

I've been looking for a ladder for awhile.  I think its in the shed, but I can't check currently.

I shake my head at you!

eaglesaquarium said:
I've been looking for a ladder for awhile.  I think its in the shed, but I can't check currently.

tcamos said:
I shake my head at you!

I think all that Arizona sunshine is affecting his mind - he's not used to it.

It's only 107.

tcamos said:
It's only 107.

:lol:

:no:

Just spoke with my wife, she said it was a little 'chilly' this morning - and raining.  I've almost forgotten what rain looks like by now! :(

shout.gif

shout.gif

shout.gif

shout.gif

tcamos said:
It's only 107.

Yeah, but he's from Philly - he's just not used to the sun.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back