Revamping Tank With Fish In

LellowFish

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Right, so I'm revamping my current thank, the 66l in the sig, but it still has some sort of plec in it...I don't really want to kill it so I was wondering how I would go about revamping with the fish? Would I just put it in a bowl with tank water and the heater?

Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!
 
biggest comtaminate free container you can find/buy

fill it with tank water, switch over filter and heater, then add the fish. I'd cover it over too to make it darker (less stress) and so it dosent jump out
 
Thanks gaz =] I suppose I would have to re-acclimatise the fish before putting him back?


where is most of the water coming from in the new tank? If its coming from your old tank (or most of it) you should be ok swapping them straight over.

Personally though, I'd probably re-acclimatise them slowly anyway - just to be on the safe side.
 
The new tank and the old tank are the same tank, confusing I know =[

Umm, so I would probably put most, if not all, of the old tank water in with the plec if I can get a container big enough to hold the water...Then transfer the water, filter etc back into the tank when I've done revamping it?
 
Doh! sorry it was me that was confused with a different topic, lol :D *getting old*

yes that sounds like a good idea. Just leave the lights off for a while after its done to let the plec relax

Sorry for any confusion!
 
Right, so I did everything that gaz said and the tank is looking amazing and clean! Apart from the usual bubbles on the glass and things. Re-acclimatised the plec and he seems to be doing okay, hiding behind the filter.

The only thing I need to buy ASAP is a test kit, which will be bought as soon as I get paid.

Me new love is black gravel! The old gravel was flourescent and multi-coloured, ew! Although it was nice to see it clean and not covered so much in fish poo that you couldn't see it was flourescent...Or coloured. Gravel vaccing manky gravel equals fun!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top