Rescued Fish Help Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

riffraff

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
afternoon all..
went out this morning to a friend of my wifes, and low and behold she had a little fish tank, i mean little, like a small platic box from a supermarket or wilkinsons job, anywho she had it crammed with these poor fishies, i had a little bit of a moan and she said she didnt want them anyway as the kids where bored with them, me and the wife being softies anyway with animals offered to take them.
now i know i havent the room and i had just got a tanlk specifically for a bn i wanted to rehome, but what could i do? ive had to stick the goldfish in there and the bn is going to have to wait.
now i know nothing about goldfish but i think these are comets? i`ll try and get them rehomed by sticking them in the classifieds (free to good home) and maybe asking my local maidenhead.

ive stuck the fake ornaments in that came with the tank jsut to break it up a bit, got them some goldfish food and they seem ok at the moment, i imagine its like heaven compared to the crap they where in anyway, so my questions are, is there anything else i should/could do to make them a bit happier? and also before i stick them in the classifieds are they comets?

cheers
riffraff

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 79
afternoon all..
went out this morning to a friend of my wifes, and low and behold she had a little fish tank, i mean little, like a small platic box from a supermarket or wilkinsons job, anywho she had it crammed with these poor fishies, i had a little bit of a moan and she said she didnt want them anyway as the kids where bored with them, me and the wife being softies anyway with animals offered to take them.
now i know i havent the room and i had just got a tanlk specifically for a bn i wanted to rehome, but what could i do? ive had to stick the goldfish in there and the bn is going to have to wait.
now i know nothing about goldfish but i think these are comets? i`ll try and get them rehomed by sticking them in the classifieds (free to good home) and maybe asking my local maidenhead.

ive stuck the fake ornaments in that came with the tank jsut to break it up a bit, got them some goldfish food and they seem ok at the moment, i imagine its like heaven compared to the crap they where in anyway, so my questions are, is there anything else i should/could do to make them a bit happier? and also before i stick them in the classifieds are they comets?

cheers
riffraff

yea there comets :) well im near 100% they are

The small orange one in the last pic looks like a common to me. The fin looks too short to be a comet. They don't look in bad nick actually :) nice save.

The small orange one in the last pic looks like a common to me. The fin looks too short to be a comet. They don't look in bad nick actually nice save.

yes sorry i should have said, 4 of them seem to be comets, theres 2 others as you say seem to be common, thanks for your replies, i`ll try maidenhead tommorow if not stick them on here

cheers
riffraff

If they have been crammed into a small tank with fake weeds they are going to LOVE some live plant like elodea. My comets/ goldfish in the pond demolish it as soon as I put some in. Thank goodness for elodea being a quicker grower and I always have spare lengths of it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back