Removing Bad Eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stubert

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So my cories spawned the other day, and a few of the eggs have turned white, which ive read means they are infertile, thing is they are so sticky so if i try and remove a white one its stuck on to 3 or 4 good ones and i dont feel comfortable bringing them out of the water, ive tryed pinching the white one with a pair of scissors and pulling it off the others but only managed to get one that way, because they are so small.

what can i do without damaging anything?

Go through your medications see if any come with a dropper (interpet whitespot has one) these are fantastic for removing white eggs, just squeeze the end hold it over the eggs and let go and the egg gets sucked up :good:

Go through your medications see if any come with a dropper (interpet whitespot has one) these are fantastic for removing white eggs, just squeeze the end hold it over the eggs and let go and the egg gets sucked up :good:

ah yes i have one, will try thanks :good:

works fine if they are loose, but i have 1 stuck to a leaf (with fertile ones on it also) and 2 stuck to another 4 good ones, and it doesnt really work so well on those? if they go fuzzy will it be easier to remove them? just dont want any fuzz to spread when they get it. First timer i don't really know much about this lol

Dont know with corys as I have never bred them but if one of the fertile eggs comes loose you can suck it up and squirt it back to where you want it and it should stick, did with my severum eggs raised 3 batches like this and only got 1 damaged fish (but I think it was the one I rescued from the filter)

Dont know with corys as I have never bred them but if one of the fertile eggs comes loose you can suck it up and squirt it back to where you want it and it should stick, did with my severum eggs raised 3 batches like this and only got 1 damaged fish (but I think it was the one I rescued from the filter)

thats not my problem, its removing the unfertile eggs which are stuck to fertile ones, without damaging the fertile one. Glad i got told about the pipette though works a treat for moving loose ones around :lol:

It's sometimes best to leave well enough alone. In most cases, especially where there are big spawns, I usually just let them stay. In normal temperature water, most of the good eggs will hatch before the fungus spreads to them.

It's sometimes best to leave well enough alone. In most cases, especially where there are big spawns, I usually just let them stay. In normal temperature water, most of the good eggs will hatch before the fungus spreads to them.

yeh what i decided to do, day 3 now so exited i hope they hatch. 99% of them still look good and not white so

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back