Removing a Jewel Filter???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Suthypie

Reaction score
Ok, so itā€™s taken me all day to set up my new Jewel Lido 200. The only thing that is really bugging me, is the huge unsightly filter, thatā€™s pretty wedged on with silicone blobs.

Has anybody ever removed this from their Jewel Tank? Iā€™m thinking of using a Stanley knife to wedge and just strip of the silicone.....but am nervous. Itā€™s really stuck on there.

Iā€™d really appreciate any advice! :)

Oh and another thing! Whatā€™s the best way to make bogwood sink? Can I leave it submerged in a bath over night? Itā€™s already been in there for 4 hours, but itā€™s still floating :(

Last edited:
I removed the filter from my old Rio 125. You need something a bit longer than a stanley knife, and something a bit bendier. I used an old kitchen knife. You need to saw through the blobs at the top of one side, then pull the filter away as far as you can and saw through the bottom blobs. Then repeat for the other side. Now you can use the blade from the stanley knife - hold it carefully at a flat angle and scrape the reamains of the blobs from the glass.
But remove the water if you've filled it, or at least some of it, as all that sawing will cause a tidal wave.

Some bogwood takes days or weeks to sink. i just leave mine in a bucket of water till it finally sinks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back