Reminder To Posters

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I have begun to move topics out of this section and into various sections on the board. Apparently there is confusion about posting a scientific question and beginning a scientific discussion. One post was deleted summarily.

Please read the stickies.

Eg..one member posted a question about how far a fish could see under water. Although a scientific question, it could have been presented in a better fashion. Eg:

Perhaps, a better approach would be: Recent studies show that angler fish may have their vision affected by changes in specific gravity in that they are brackish animals. How would they adapt to changes in s.g. in their brackish environment without dying? Etc.

SH

i agree but can we have a section in here for fish biology ie if a member has a query into how a part of a fish works could post in there

thanks dane

That should be easily handled in the TFF section for FW and the Marine CC for salt. SH

This section has been up & running for around 6 weeks now. As SH stated, please read the stickies, I for one am not going to consider this a new section of the forum for much longer, and topics will be moved to the appropriate section of the forum if they do not follow the guidelines.

Thank you for understanding.

Some of us are trying, Tolak. Please note the sex-changing discussion which was backed up by properly referenced work on chromosomes etc. And my promise to come back with something proper on the Loch Ness was genuine- I have somewhere in my large and untidy library got a book with full and proper references to all the evidence in the case, I just can't find the wretched thing.

I've started moving some topics out that are better handled in the chat section. SH

Most reactions

Back