refugium

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thank you again!! That sounds horrible. I've decided to take out the caulerpa and replace it with cheatomorpha. I ordered some online. Do you or anyone know anything about this algae? I hear it's much more stable and will not crash or sexual. I have also heard it grows faster than caulerpa thus removing more nutrients. Is this true?

I'm at the same stage as you with my mangroves. At the moment while I'm sorting my tanks out they are in a little 20L tank in my conservatory getting a boost while we still get some sun :D

Mine only have roots at this time too.

jimdog, I've got red mangroves, they are the only type I've seen here in the UK. If you keep them under your halides they will reach up to the light and frazzle their leaves.

Cheato is brilliant stuff!
I had a lovely red specimen of it until i got my tang :*) Polished it off within 2 days!

Very good and stable. Does grow fast and i can assure you that when it outgrows the tank and you need to make cuttings, you will have a queue of people wanting this stuff off you, if not for their sumps then definately to fed their tangs!

Tried to send you a PM Jimdogg but for some reason it wont allow me.

Are you from the UK?

Shame, i was going to point a few local shops in your direction that might have been able to help with advice on Macro Algeas :*)

Most reactions

Back