Reef Eel Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i seriously don't get hwy he is still saying i'm gonna kill my fish and why he is still going on about this, if he read the freaking posts i had he wouldn't still be talking about it. i think he is the one that needs to grow up and stop being rude.

anyway, like i freaking said before, i was ASKING about the shark, not saying i was. i'm sick of people misundertsanding thes ethigns. and bo whatever, please, if your going to be like that, i think some of us don't want people here that flip out like that. you apperently have anger management issues and like to make a scene. go to hollywood, jump off a building, if you want attention. :lol:

anyway... could a shark expert or something come help with my shark questions? as soon as i need to i can ge the shark a big tub to live in, maby buy some lobsters off of red lobster =P

but if he could live his young time in a 55g, when should he be moved? i'd be very interested in getting an egg and raising it from birth, if i can that is. so let me know if it will work or not. if not, i'll probably go with the radiata lionfish. :good:

anyway... could a shark expert or something come help with my shark questions? as soon as i need to i can ge the shark a big tub to live in, maby buy some lobsters off of red lobster =P

but if he could live his young time in a 55g, when should he be moved? i'd be very interested in getting an egg and raising it from birth, if i can that is. so let me know if it will work or not. if not, i'll probably go with the radiata lionfish. :good:

hmmmmmmm wonder where i get the impression your an idiot ^^^^^^^

why do you have to be rude? seriously, you could be somewhere on the forum reading, talking with others. but you chose to come to my thread and make fun of me? that is rude and childish. immature rudeness. why do you HAVE to be rude? i know you like attention but thats just pathetic. now just leave and stop being immature and rude. your making fun of your self by being like that, i am seriously almost laughing that an adult would act like that.

and i'm not an idiot, i'm asking QUESTIONs. just leave!

about that shark. did you think it could live in the 55 with the eel unitl its a certain size? when it's older, even if they grow fast, i should easily be able to supply a big tub (like the ones they use for cows and horses water).

i'd be very interested in a shark. they have always been one of my favorite creatures. i always wanted to grow up and work at an aquarium with sharks. it would be neat to raise one from birth if it could live it's early months/years in a 55g.

so i'd like to knnow more about these cat sharks. if i did get one, will it be able to live in it's early months/years in a 55g happily? if so, how long should he be when i need to get him a big tub? anyone have a good link for info on these sharks?

i really wish those porcupine puffers could be in a 55, there so cute :blush:

anyway, need help with those shark questions! gonna go google them. :good:

No, no and thrice no! I and Lynden have already stated you cannot keep a shark in a 55 save possibly for a week or two after hatching.

These things hatch out between 6-8" and get to at least 2 foot long. They grow fairly swiftly at the start. If you got a hatchling you have the un-enviable task of training it to eat. Not the easiest of things. Also sharks need fantastic water quality, a 55 is not going to allow that.

Who the hell said you can keep a cat shark in a 55? They are absolute idiots. You would have about 2 weeks from hatching to needing something bigger. Absolutely no point in it. If you really want to look into sharks buy Scott Michael's book on sharks and rays for the home aquaria.

And the reason people jump on you is that you ask a question on what can be done, people say no and explain what is necessary, and you come back asking the same question with a slightly different slant hoping for a yes. You seem to have a definite gap between being told you can't do something and accepting you can't do it. The fear is that once you have a tank you will go on and buy the fish in this period.

Heres some water to put out the flaming

_39003125_waterbuck_afp_b203.jpg

Now that your refreshed. No sharkies in a tank. Keep small fish, much more better and more room for more. Heres some inspiration for a tank with small fish...

1100018.jpg

about that shark. did you think it could live in the 55 with the eel unitl its a certain size? when it's older, even if they grow fast, i should easily be able to supply a big tub (like the ones they use for cows and horses water).

i'd be very interested in a shark. they have always been one of my favorite creatures. i always wanted to grow up and work at an aquarium with sharks. it would be neat to raise one from birth if it could live it's early months/years in a 55g.

so i'd like to knnow more about these cat sharks. if i did get one, will it be able to live in it's early months/years in a 55g happily? if so, how long should he be when i need to get him a big tub? anyone have a good link for info on these sharks?

i really wish those porcupine puffers could be in a 55, there so cute :blush:

anyway, need help with those shark questions! gonna go google them. :good:

No, no and thrice no! I and Lynden have already stated you cannot keep a shark in a 55 save possibly for a week or two after hatching.

These things hatch out between 6-8" and get to at least 2 foot long. They grow fairly swiftly at the start. If you got a hatchling you have the un-enviable task of training it to eat. Not the easiest of things. Also sharks need fantastic water quality, a 55 is not going to allow that.

Who the hell said you can keep a cat shark in a 55? They are absolute idiots. You would have about 2 weeks from hatching to needing something bigger. Absolutely no point in it. If you really want to look into sharks buy Scott Michael's book on sharks and rays for the home aquaria.

And the reason people jump on you is that you ask a question on what can be done, people say no and explain what is necessary, and you come back asking the same question with a slightly different slant hoping for a yes. You seem to have a definite gap between being told you can't do something and accepting you can't do it. The fear is that once you have a tank you will go on and buy the fish in this period.

OMG i can't beleive you haven't even read the whole thread, he is gonna get a tub to put it in after it gets too big.

sorry, when i heard the "a couple weeks after hatching" i forgot the number of weeks and misunderstood that a young shark could live in it. sorry about the misunderstanding there about the shark. (nice use of thrice :good: )

like i've said, i'm not gonna go find a fish and buy it if you say no. i am just trying, and checking every possible option and way. just like to go into great detail with questions sometimes, to see eveyr option and the answer, sorry.

and seriously boshank, just stop. your cracking me up, stop flaming, stop being sarcastic. seriously, i've got a bad cough and it hurts to laugh. so please stop. PS: going on ignore. although oyu are pretty entertaining.

OK, this is for the rest of the nicer people that aren't sarcastic and rude! i, after all of these threads, finally found anice fish to go with the eel. after all this time, i think i can just set and relax while i collect money.

hopefully, unless anyone else has something to say, i can go with the radiata lionfish, and snowflake eel. i'm gonna have to buy alot of crustaceans. so if you have tons with a good price, let me know. cause i'm getting 2 large fish that eat shrimp and crabs. wish me luck! :good:

god dangit. one last question about the lionfish. do i buy (Maldives / Sri Lanka) or (Tahiti)?

first is cheaper...

just trying to get my price scedual (what and when i'm spending money and how much) and stuff right.

is there any crusteceans i should avoid? like would freshwater lobster/crawdads be bad or dangerous? i can supply shrimp easy, and i can supply tons of frozen meat, but could i feed them freshwater crawdads?

is there any other crabs or anything i should avoid? thanks!

Live food is obviously going to be beneficial, but a sole diet of one food isn't, as you'd know. Make sure the eel and lion are eating something before you buy it from the LFS, so ask them if you can view them feeding :nod: . Live Shrimp here are hard to come by on a continuous basis if you don't actually collect them yourself. You can also train them onto frozen (then thawed of course, hehe) prawn, cockle, or SW fish flesh. So your food isn't solely limited too Live Feeder Shrimp. :good:

Edit: On the origin of your Lion fish, thats up to your personal taste. Its doughtful many marine LFS's will bother to shop around for more exotic areas, and they would just have the run of the mill species from where ever their supplier is located.

Dont feed your guys any FW species if possible. When you say frozen meat, what do you mean? Terrestrial animals, and meat such as Beef is no good of course! :nod:

they will have the choice of frozen fish meat, shrimp meat, crab meat (we eat crab legs often), and plus the feeder shrimp and i want to get hermits. but i was wondering if the freshwater crawdads would work as a meal, it's like they would be eating a lobster, except freshwater. i can easily collect freshwater crawdads to feed them, like a weekly food. and then they will have the choice of hermits and shrimp all the time. but i want to only feed them big meals (like crawdads or fish meat) like weekly, i havent checked the feeding times for the lionfish or anything. but i'm guessing they eat weekly?

so is the crawdads safe?

ok, i'll avoid the crawdads. i'll probably get the second lionfish just cause it's cheaper. i'll check online to see if there is much difference, but i doubt there is.

The only real difference would be in colouration and patterning but even then unless you're an expert or a lionfish fanatic (like me) you'd never tell the difference.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back