Reed Fish

drufly

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
399
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
lisburn, N Ireland
I am soon getting my hands on a 240ltr tank(not decided what make yet). As they mostly come with the same dimentions, i was wondering about reed fish.

Would my new tank be suitable for these fish(only 1 mind) or is it too small, also what would it be like with the rest of my fish.

Any help please.
 
You could fit quite a large group in that tank. :good:

However, they'd eat most of the fish in your sig. :(
 
Oh well it was worth asking cos these are wonderful looking fish.

No good to me tho want to build up the groups i have, then add something as a centre piece. Any suggestions????
 
Oh well it was worth asking cos these are wonderful looking fish.

No good to me tho want to build up the groups i have, then add something as a centre piece. Any suggestions????

A large gourami?
 
I was thinking of them but I was also thinking of something rare maybe in the same sorta shape as firemouths or something.
 
If you do, at a later date get ropefish, once thing I would advise, is to ensure all holes in the tank are sealed up, including the holes in the back for filters/airpipes etc. These fish are experts at getting out of the tank.

I was advised about this, and thought i'd done ok, however my ropefish got out and died.
 
Soz to hear bout that, will take heed of what you say for future reference.

About the other fish i am looking any suggestions on something in the shape of firemouths or even would they be alright in my setup
 
Reedfish are great fish. I'd alays recommend them. I have three 12 inch or so and they are always active and very interesting to watch

I'd echo earlier comment about escapism as my first couple did this however there is no escape from the tank they are in now.

there is no aggression with them, they eat anything and plenty of it , always active and are a good looking fish close up

I don't keep small fish in my tank but there mouths are quite big

You could keep them as you main fish and have some congo tetra, rainbowfish or something in there as well to add activity
 

Most reactions

Back
Top