Redeye On Photos

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

voo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on how to avoid redeye on photos, or how to remove it?

My camera is terrible for redeye nowadays - Cannon Ixus 700. Even in redeye mode i still get very bad redeye or bright white eye!!!
Anyone know how this can be reduced?

All this redeye means i have to edit each picture. So far i've been using photoshop, but the redeye reducing thing makes the pupil go grey which can look odd at times. Anyone know of a better way of editing so the eyes look more releastic?

Thanks!!

lol it is much simpler to do what photographers have done for years, balance the red with a bit of blue.
2164575384514d54.jpg

this took ten seconds, no cut and no paste. i use photoshop, selected a blue from the colour pallet, one close to the red range, select colour from the paint brush options, and click its done.
sorry to nick your pic fishkiller nomore!

That's a good system if you're just editing personal photos and such :D It's a little fussier if you're doing it professionally. Model/Actor clients don't like it if there's even a hint that their photo have been retouched...it won't look good on their portfolio.
lol i know. but voo is not a professional, so my advice is sound. but i would defy a client to tell my work from yours! though perhaps this is not the pic to use, as i was demonstrating a principal. but my knowledge is limited, i have only been using photoshop since it was released for pc. never did get on with Mac's

If you have a Mac, then iPhoto will do it pretty much automatically. Works remarkably well, though perhaps not to professional standards. As fishkiller_nomore said, every picture I've ever sold, the client wanted the original, even if my "improved" version seemed (to me) nicer.

Oh, be sure and check out this fun iPhoto joke at the briliant "Joy of Tech" site:

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/440.html

Cheers, Neale

Hmm, weird my Olympus SP-510 UZ has had no problems with Red Eye ass long as I use the Red Eye Flash mode. But if it ever DOES happen then I will use these useful tips :)

any photo viewing software has red eye remove you just click some of them are good however if you have photo shop there loads of tutorials on getting a professional look to removing red eye

Most reactions

Back