red tail with flying fox

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Pointy_kitty

i eat buttons
Reaction score
:crazy: WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!!!!!
i have had red tailed black shark before and i have had my flying fox for a few months now (the red tailed shark died to jumping)
first i had to take the flying fox out of my community tank since he was being a little poo and ripping my platy's fins when i turned out the lights
he was nice until he got to be about 2.5-3"
so i bumped the little devil to my gourami tank
he's been fine in there, (although he gets a little frisky at feeding time)
the problem is that i originally set the tank up so that it would be for a red tailed black shark (they need at least a 20gal which is what i had all set up)
and the smaller the tank, the more aggressive the shark
so i compensated for the aggression and had 3 top dwelling gourami in there
and a whole lot of hiding spaces
well i got in the door the other day with a new shark and as i walked up to my tank it hit me.....
the problem with the original shark is that he was chasing the flying fox!!!!!!!! :S
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
why didn't i remember that?
i know they both do not tolerate the same species but i never would have though that the shark would think the flying fox was the same as him!!!!!!!!
WHAT DO I DO??????????
the shark was just put in there and he is still in hiding :X
he's about 3" when i bought him and he wasn't aggressive in a massively overcrowded red tail tank at the store....
do you think he'll be ok??????

I'm afraid Red Tailed Sharks tend to absolutely hate their own kind, and very often, anything that vaguely looks like another shark.

Some people get away with it, but then, some people get away with guppies in their Cichlid tanks....

Lateral Line said:
I'm afraid Red Tailed Sharks tend to absolutely hate their own kind, and very often, anything that vaguely looks like another shark.

Some people get away with it, but then, some people get away with guppies in their Cichlid tanks....
good point,
i shall see if i can return him
but one day that damn flying foxes number will be up!!!!!!!!!
THEN I"LL HAVE MY SHARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't worry i'm only kidding
i would never harm my fishies :wub:
their my children :*)

or would i........
MWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back