FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lysander

Reaction score
I have in 12 gallon 24" tank at the moment;
1 silver shark (will be moved to a larger tank soon),
4 red platys,
2 spotted molleys,
6 neon tetra (maybe moved to a 12" tank shortly)

I was wandering around my local aquarium shop, and saw 2 red scats swimming around happily in the tank that contained the silver sharks. I would really like to get either one or both of these scats as i have never seen them before anywhere! I am unsure if they will be ok in the tank that i currently have tho, could someone please advise me if this would be ok? The aquarium said they should be, but then are they just trying to sell the fish? I am from UK, so obviously use £'s, so does anyone here know a good or average price for these fish? they were about 1.5" in length

Thanks in advance for any help

I have read that these fish are sensitive to Ph, and addition of salt would help make them less sensitive to Ph, but the salt is not actually needed.

Is this true? Or if salt is needed then would it be ok to add if there is a silver shark, platys and some molleys?

I'm not sure what the ratio of salt/gallons of water is , but sharks are not brackish. The mollys would be fine.

For the best response regarding brackish water, I would ask in the "oddball" section.

I can tell you that scats are definatly brackish, without salt, they will die.

12 gallon tank, altho i hear the scats can grow up to 12", so they will need a larger tank also

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back