Red Nymphaea Zenkeri Tiger Lotus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Guppylover3x

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
I was considering replacing my live pltants with a red Nymphaea Zenkeri Tiger Lotus. After reading up from what Iā€™ve gathered these grow to around 40-80cm so Iā€™m worried one bulb alone may outgrow my tank. Has anyone had any experience with this type of plant? Any advice in appreciated. Thank you.

You haven't mentioned the tank size, but if this is the 20 gallon mentioned in other threads (or a 10g), then yes, this plant is too large. I had a Red Tiger Lotus (Nymphae lotus) in my 90 gallon tank, three actually because it somehow divided (can't remember how, it was several years ago I noticed the new plants arising from the substrate). I encouraged the floating leaves because that was the effect I wanted, large red floating leaves, and the one plant covered most of the surface and I cut off leaves periodically. I have never tried to grow this is shallower tanks (the 90g was 24 inches/60 cm high) but I can envisage a real tangled mass of stems.

You haven't mentioned the tank size, but if this is the 20 gallon mentioned in other threads (or a 10g), then yes, this plant is too large. I had a Red Tiger Lotus (Nymphae lotus) in my 90 gallon tank, three actually because it somehow divided (can't remember how, it was several years ago I noticed the new plants arising from the substrate). I encouraged the floating leaves because that was the effect I wanted, large red floating leaves, and the one plant covered most of the surface and I cut off leaves periodically. I have never tried to grow this is shallower tanks (the 90g was 24 inches/60 cm high) but I can envisage a real tangled mass of stems.

Many thanks for your response. Sorry I forgot to add the tank is 10g. After the information you have provided I wonā€™t be purchasing one of these. Thank you for your help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back