Red flame gourami w/ turquoise dorsal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

luxum

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Is the red flame gourami with the turquoise dorsal fin a natural morph, or dyed? I read somewhere (can't recall where) that it was dyed but i suspect that it isn't. The colors of the ones i saw were the same as the colors in the wild dwarf (although a different pattern obviously) and there was none of the blotchiness i associate with dyed fish. Am i correct that this morph was produced via selective breeding of colisa?

All red flames have at least some turquoise on their dorsal, and it's natural. :nod: I think you can see mine's in my siggy pic.

I am very glad to hear that, the ones i saw were quite spectacular! Not that i've made up my mind what i'm getting yet or anything... :blink: Thanks for the response.

I was coming in here to ask literally the same question. I saw some at what I'd call a lower end LPS though they weren't actually that bad. It was just stifling hot and their speciality was more reptiles and rodents than fish. I don't know the places reputation so when I saw the Flames with the turqoise I thought they may be dyed.

Now to figure out if I can afford to put them in my 30 gallon with three 3 Spots. :p

When I had mine his whole dorcal was a beautiful deep blue. He's was purdy :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back