Red Eyes V Black Eyes

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dgerow3

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew why some fish have red eyes and some have black eyes.. I have a gold fish that i was told was a platy but i'm convinced its a molly ( the top fin is too big to be a platy) and it has red eyes.. my daughter calls it the devil fish...lol anywho i was wondering if anyone knows why this fish has red eyes?

yes their albino's and have no black colours to the body or the eye's.

Their are hi fin varieties of the platy as well so it's very possible, how ever with out a pic it's inpossible to say with out looking

Their are hi fin varieties of the platy as well so it's very possible, how ever with out a pic it's inpossible to say with out looking

I got my webcam up and running and tried to take a few pics of my gold coloured fish that i thnk is a molly but i was told it was a platy from the store keeper

seems it wont let me load the pic i will have to try something differnet

upload photo's to something like photobucket. then link them much easier then using the upload here

I got my webcam up and running and tried to take a few pics of my gold coloured fish that i thnk is a molly but i was told it was a platy from the store keeper

seems it wont let me load the pic i will have to try something differnet

Ok tried photobucket lets see if this works

Picture276.jpg

Picture274.jpg

Picture281.jpg

thats a molly defo

Yeah i suspected he was. I got him from this really small pet store about 30 min from me and he was swimming with one female platy and some neons. The thing is the the store had platys for sale at 1.50 and mollies for 2.50 and of course i got him for 1.50 cause the guy insisted it wasn't a molly. I also got a very pregnant female platy from that store and when i told him i wanted the pregnant one, the guy asked me which one is that , i said the really fat one... lol the guy does not have a clue when it comes to fish. Oh well better for me i guess

That is usually the case with pet stores, the workers don't even know what they are talking about. Never rely on the workers, they only want to sell the product and make money lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back