Red Eared Terrapin In Desperate Need Of Help!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ParsonsD

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have had my terrapin since baby, and he nearly 3 years old =] He has been happy and healthy right up until the other day..
At first it started on his neck.. The green colours faded and and a dirty browny colour took over, then literally overnight, his eyes went like a pussy yellow colour and he cant even open them. I state there is no pus there, but its that kind of colour anyway.. He is very lathargic, will rarely move, and tries to stay out of the water. The water is heated to 25/26 degrees, has internal pump, and did share his tank with 3 other terrapins. The others are red belly cross yellow bellys, and still juveniles. They show no signs, and eating,moving and emptying their bowels fine. Back to my poorly terra, he is now on his own. I have been to local vet, and they werent much help, but did say they would do research, which i am grateful for =] I was reading up myself, but the closest i could get, was vitamin A deficiency. If this is correct, how do i go about nursing him back to health? Also concerned about him not eating, but how can i force feed? Is there any kind of treatment i can dab on his eyes? What can people recommend, or advice they can give?
Please PM if possible, as it would be easier and quicker to respond/read.

Regards. Dean

Or you can try this forum.. There is a lot of knowledgable people on there. They take their terrapins very seriously. www.terrapintank.co.uk

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back