Red Cherry Shrimp Turning Clear

killudead

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon tank setup and almost all of my shrimp in there are supposed to be cherry reds, but instead are clear or opaque in color and a few have bits of brown in them. I think they might be reverting to a different color all together.
Its kept at 78* and has a filter with a screen over the intake.
I am at a loss with this one, any thoughts?
ps.. its a shrimp only tank. No fish at all. Plenty of cover and no reason to logically be clear.

Their colour will darken up as they settle in. I've had some which took weeks to show their red colour, the ones I have now are really bright red most of the tone but they do go almost clear still.

Generally the darker substrate the better their colours (mine are on normal said and they still have lovely colours)

I got 20 or so from a seller on here and was really unhappy with them they have been clear for over 6 weeks, i got 5 from my LFS and they were dark red they have now had babys and the babys are fairly dark from birth. shrimp are very strange on colours

thats exactly what happened to me. I got 2 sets of orders. 1 had super bright red shrimp, the others were so so.
They had babies but the babies keep popping out clear.
Ugh!!!

I had 4 super red cherrys and 1 half cast looking one.

One solid red had babies, out of 20 or so around half were mostly red and the other half was barely red :(

Most reactions

Back