Recommendations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thedoctor

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello,

Recently found out about Killifish and have decided I would like to keep them. However, I'd like to start off with non-annual as they seem the easiest to begin with.

Can anyone recommend really colourfulnon annual peaceful killifish that will not interbreed to create Hybrids (If possible) because I want a mix of colour, rather than just one specific killi.

I personally wouldnt mind Hybrids, but I understand they are often deformed, suffer ill health and/or are sterile.

Thank you for any recommendations.

golden panchax.
not really in your face colourful but nice golden yellow colours.
these are what i keep and have recently gave me some eggs which they havent every done in the year that i have owned them but have had two fry from this batch already.
regards spike

Aphyosemion australe, especially the Gold Version is beautiful and very easy to care for. :good:

Problem is (GAR)Fundulopanchax Gardneri and (AUS)Aphyosemion australe will cross so that's not going to work.
I would steer clear of Aplochelius lineatus for now and go with Epiplatys dageti Monroviae alongside the GAR. With killifish you are limited because of crossings, territoral issues and water conditions. Its a really big ask to fulfil all your criteria which is why I suggest to keep it simple with the two species mentioned.
Regards
C

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back