Recommend Me An Aquatic Centre

Fishy_7

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 11, 2005
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Essex, UK
I live in Essex and my nearest aquatics centre is Swallows (Rayleigh). I have ben going there since 2002, when I started this hobby but in my opinion, they now offer ever decreasing choice :( This goes for their fish stocks as well as equipment. Where there was a selection of quality European equipment, now, it is mainly a Chinese make -_- Shame!

So, I need to see where else I can visit. I don't mind travelling 30 mins to anothr place fir fish. Wonder if people who live in my areaof Exxes can recommend?

Thanks
 
I live in Essex and my nearest aquatics centre is Swallows (Rayleigh). I have ben going there since 2002, when I started this hobby but in my opinion, they now offer ever decreasing choice :( This goes for their fish stocks as well as equipment. Where there was a selection of quality European equipment, now, it is mainly a Chinese make -_- Shame!

So, I need to see where else I can visit. I don't mind travelling 30 mins to anothr place fir fish. Wonder if people who live in my areaof Exxes can recommend?

Thanks

Wickford Aquatics
Billericay Aquatics
Shotgate Koi
Fishy Friends - Basildon Town Centre

To Name a few
 
All depends what you want. While Swallows is fairly poor for interesting FW fish, they do get some good SW fish. Into Southend the two best fish stores will be Tugs Tanks on Southchurch Road or the Pets @ Home on the airport retail park, though one could question the ethics of P@H stocking a Moorish Idol recently. Wickford aquatics is great for second hand gear, but the knowledge there could be better (they enjoy feeding chicken to all their FW fish, including guppy tanks, for example).
 

Most reactions

Back
Top