Really Hoping It's Not Gonna Happen To Me!

ha ha bless her, she's never bothered with the plants in her old tank, must like yours better!!

sure they'll be fine, Duncan's promised them a good home, and they have they're own tank in the lfs so he'll know which ones they are and can make sure they go somewhere nice :good:

thats kewl, thanx for that.

well shes still a little unsure of me but who isnt lol.

ive got 2nite totally free so i think its plec catching time. mite make her a bit more comfy too if theres someone else in there with her.

EDITED - jus wanted to add if you got sorted with the new house and that sooner than you thought then i wouldnt be offended if u wanted her back!

jus glad to offer her a home when she needs it.

pmsl your not wrong there! ;)

yeah chances are it'll be at least a year until we move, and who knows what space we'll have for tanks then so it's impossible to say really. But I do really appreciate that mate and am so glad she's in such a good home. :D

Well I'm glad you found a good home for her. Sam is a great person. Who knows, I'm sure Sam will offer you her back whenever you wish (even if it is a year down the line). :good: . As I was reading this post, al I kept thinking was... "I wish I read it sooner and I wish I was in the UK, because I could've taken her then." But some things work out this way. Again, I can imagine the difficulty you had in trying to decide which of your two favorite fish to rehome, and I'm glad that you did find a good home for her. *HUGS* All will be alright in the end, I'm sure down the line she will be back in your care :D.

thanx nervergone :)

well alice, i think polly was the instigator not the oscar lol.

plecs gone in and she doesnt seem to like him at all. chases him all over the place and i jus had to get her out from behind a rock where she was trying to get him!

shes fine and swimming around again dont worry, plecs hidden between the filter and the heater and said rocks is now flat so she cant even try again.

good job i was here and watching tho!

ive decided i deserve the day off tomorrow too (stressful day launching this new thing) so ill keep an eye on them then too.

serious?? she's never shown any aggression towards the plec or syno in there?

maybe she's just rattled by being in a new tank.

if she becomes a right handful and you can't put anything in with her and don't want to be stuck with a tank with just her in then don't be afraid to give me a shout and we'll make other arrangements for her.

have to say i'm completely shocked, i monitored things pretty closely between her and Oscar and it always seemed to be him starting things and he was clearly dominant. She did stick up for herself (but she'd have been torn to shred's if she hadn't) but i'd have never said it was her starting it!

probably jus a territory thing. she had it to herself for a good few days.

shes still at it tho but theres no damage to the plec.

ill build him a decent cave today and see how they go. she mite get used to him.

glad she's not hurting him!

like i say if you change your mind about having her let us know. don't want you to feel your stuck with her now if she's causing trouble

no dont worry shes fine.

im sure shell get used to him eventually.

i was watching today and she is attacking his body and thats hard as a rock so shes not doing any damage and he seems to jus ignore her now neway.

added the extra caves too so he can hide. had to specially design the cave entrance so she doesnt fit orelse she jus followed him in. :rolleyes:

no dont worry shes fine.

im sure shell get used to him eventually.

i was watching today and she is attacking his body and thats hard as a rock so shes not doing any damage and he seems to jus ignore her now neway.

added the extra caves too so he can hide. had to specially design the cave entrance so she doesnt fit orelse she jus followed him in. :rolleyes:

aye well plecs aren't called armoured catfish for nothing.

once they both learn that she can't hurt him i'm sure they'll call a truce!

yea they do seem better now.

she still has the odd go but she seems more curious than annoyed hes there.

tell ya what tho, ive never seen so much poop!! lol

between the plec and polly i have to vac the tank every 3 days orelse it looks like a right mess.

thanx.

and good news.

10022007016.jpg

they seem to be getting on ok. plecs certainly not hiding from him anymore anyway and polly jus seems to follow him.

next up, part 2 : the cichlid tank mate.

lol.

ha ha, see we had her with an oscar and a common......... never got the substrate properly clean on that tank! :rolleyes:

glad they've settled and are friends now :good:

im thinking i mite switch it to gravel. atleast i wont see it then and i can jus vigourously vac it every weekend.

hes kinda dug a pit now round the back of the filter. would a male parrot do that without a female?

im thinking i mite switch it to gravel. atleast i wont see it then and i can jus vigourously vac it every weekend.

hes kinda dug a pit now round the back of the filter. would a male parrot do that without a female?

between Pol and Oscar they used to keep the bit of they're tank behind the bogwood bare, dug up the substrate round there all the time.

Most reactions

Back