Ready To Start My Next Tank?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Well after a disaster first attempt to stock my 20 Gallon Long (DP died because bacteria died off in the media move, thus ammonia posioning) I plan to get it going again. I have had the tank running for 1-2 weeks with Yeast based Co2 and planted only. I plan to remove some media from the canister filter from my 30 gallon and some of the stock. Depending I move enough media to fill Fluval 2+ in the 20 how much stock should I move with it. Current 30 gallon stock is in my sig or should I purchase new stock? My current plan for the 20 long is:

10 tetras (dont know which yet)
10 Rasbora (dont know which still)

Im not sure on a bottom feeder though. I got some rougher substrate since its more suited for plants. Would Loach/Oto/BN Plecos work or am I better off without any?

Also in terms of media to move the 30 Gallon has a Fluval U3 and a Eheim Classic 2215. Its alot of media vs just the Fluval 2+ in my 20 long.
 
Hi there MWood. It has been a while since I ran across one of your posts. I used to run into you all the time.
When I clone a filter, the first thing I do is treat that filter as if I was doing a fishless cycle. That lets me know how I am doing and tells me when it is fish-ready.
On the subject of bottom feeders, I would avoid them if you have gone to the super rough substrates I have seen plant specialists use. I thought it might be a good idea to pick up some fluorite when I saw it for auction at my fish club but once I examined it, I never added it to any tank. I will be putting it up for sale at the next fish auction because I know lots of people do use it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top