Ready For The Marine Challenge (again)!

Gorgous fish, Jetbox. Cant wait to get enough pods growing so I can get some dragonets. You kindly sent a pic of your sump setup on another thread and I am about to hang my MCE600 skimmer on the sump as you have it. With the clear side of the skimmer facing outwards you can see whats going on inside EXCEPT for in the collecton cup (if you assemble it per the diagram with the overflow tube exiting on the left into a very small compartment) Is it ok to put the cup with the clear side facing you as you open the door? There is a convenient hole on the right to take the skimmate overflow tube.

hi fishstick,

maybe your skimmer cup is different as mine has the clear side facing out (so you can see it easily) and the overflow is still on the left side. Its a bit of a tight squeeze inside the l/h doorway (the hinge gets in the way when you try to remove for cleaning etc) but at least you can easy see what is going on.

Hope you sort it out ok...

just checked mine and it fits both ways fine.. the only thing I see is if it overflows around one way the oveflow will be processed by the skimmer agian and the other it would not..... (I have the latter, the only time it has reached overflow was when I just fitted the UV and it made the skimmer go mad for a few days
Thanks a lot Jetbox, I will go ahead and try it.

I assume this means you're using the Salifert test kit? If so, what's your difficulty?

Hi Ski,
Yes salifert kit I am using.. my problem was/is adding the third solution with the small syringe with a nozzle fitted. When you fill the syringe to 1ml as instructed (with black rubber piston at the 1ml mark there is a large air gap and the fluid only reaches approx 0.8ml) I was not sure this was correct as it would affect the results significantly... Tried it without the nozzle at 1ml mark and put this fluid in a test tube. results for with and without the nozzle are different quantities???? Which method is correct.. I am a bit worried as i have been dosing for a week or more now and only at 1180

Hope this makes sense.......

Hummm, well technically you should be able to use it with or without the tip and get the same result if you always read the black Oring in the piston. Ignore any air bubbles. What you're trying to measure is the distance the piston drives. The tip only helps you get a smaller droplet for finer-tuning of your reading.

Hope that makes sense

Hummm, well technically you should be able to use it with or without the tip and get the same result if you always read the black Oring in the piston. Ignore any air bubbles. What you're trying to measure is the distance the piston drives. The tip only helps you get a smaller droplet for finer-tuning of your reading.

Hope that makes sense

makes perfect sense but was worrying when I got different quantities....

Anyway, Mag reading is now 1280 but calcium has dropped a little to 360 so I am raising this now back to 400. Hardness is also down a bit to 7....

All livestock looking well though..............

Jetbox

Most reactions

Back