Read posts aren't going away

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
I am using a newer computer (2nd hand).
I am using MS Edge web browser.

I have read and answered a bunch of posts on the forum using an older computer, but when I look at new posts on the new computer, all the old posts that I have read, are still here.

The new posts I haven't read are in bold blue text.
The posts I have read are in blue text that is not bold.

Any idea why I am seeing the old threads on the newer pc even tho I have read them on an older pc?

What do you use to see new posts?
I get that unread in bold, read in pale if I click on any forum, but if I use the drop down arrow in Forums in the top menu and click 'new posts' I see only unread posts. Or if I use the arrow in 'what's new' in the top menu and select 'new posts' again I see only posts I've not read.

I have a bookmark for new posts but I also tried clicking "New Posts" and get the same thing with both. I have over 7000 pages of posts to go thru.

I have tried shutting down the web browser and reloading it and coming back to the forum. Same thing happens.

I am answering posts and they aren't going away after I refresh or reload the page.

try logging out and then logging back in

If you click on 'new posts' in either 'forums' or 'what's new' do you have the "show only unread" at the top of the page, circled in red here

Hovering my pointer over it says I can 'remove this filter' but I have no intention of trying that in case I can't get it back!

I have a bookmark for new posts but I also tried clicking "New Posts" and get the same thing with both. I have over 7000 pages of posts to go thru.

I have tried shutting down the web browser and reloading it and coming back to the forum. Same thing happens.

I am answering posts and they aren't going away after I refresh or reload the page.
I initially bookmarked the new posts page and it wouldn't update on what was actually new and what wasn't.

I had thought it was maybe a cookies/cache thing but clearing those did not help at all. It might be Firefox's fault, not sure, but it was very annoying that opening the new post bookmark was not clearing the posts after they had been read. I even tried re-bookmarking it when there were no posts at all to be read, still made no difference, the old ones simply reappeared.

So the only way I have it now is by bookmarking the mainpage and clicking on the new posts tab. By doing that, the new posts comes up properly and without historical listings

If you click on 'new posts' in either 'forums' or 'what's new' do you have the "show only unread" at the top of the page, circled in red here
View attachment 157799

Hovering my pointer over it says I can 'remove this filter' but I have no intention of trying that in case I can't get it back!
No I don't get anything

I wonder if that's the problem - I have a filter to show only new posts while you don't.

I have no idea how to get that filter, it's always been there for me. @dascrow is there some way to get that filter (see the image in post #6)?

I also have it by using the drop down on Forums and selecting new posts.

Just for completion I have realised how to get that "show only unread" filter. There's a "filters" drop down box on the other side of the line :blush:

filters.jpg

The drop down box has several options for what to show, including unread threads only, and there's an option at the bottom to save the selected options as default.

So whichever method is used to view new posts, if the "show unread only" box is not visible on the left, use the filters menu on the right to select it and make it default.

The problem appears to be fixed now the pc updates have finally installed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back