Re-mineralisation powders

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
I've just switched from Kent's RO Right and pH Stable to Tropic Marin Re-Mineral F (provides required gH and kH in one go). However I can't seem to dissolve the powder. I've followed the instructions and have tried adding it to hot water all to no avail. Any suggestions? Do these powders have a best before date or something. I'm thinking of trying API Electro-Rite Liquid, any comments?

I use the KENT RO right without the pH stable and so far havent had any problems, my pH always stays at exactly 7, im not sure on the hardness as i ran out of tests long ago and never bothered to replace them as it never changed one week to another.Was there any other reason for changing other then the new one claims to do both jobs in one?
To dissolve the Tropical marine re mineral have you tried aggitating the water with a airstone for a few hours? Might be worth a try.

Do you use RO Right on its own in a planted tank? I would have thought the RO Right alone would not provide enough KH required for most plants (I beleive KH 3 is ideal according to Dennerle).

Yeah the tank is planted but i must admit i dont have much luck in growing plants, but theyre only there to provide a little cover for my predatory fish and get pretty beaten up anyway so i just replace them about once a month :*) .

Most reactions

Back