RCS

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
How long does it take before shrimp fry are adults and able to reproduce?

How long does it take before shrimp fry are adults and able to reproduce?
I’m assuming RCS stands for Red Cherry Shrimp?

I would say it would take them around 3-4 months. This is just from my experience with RCS. (1 year plus of experience)

Or are you referring to red crystal shrimps?

Rcs generally stands for cherries

That might be it. I though RCS stood for “Red Cherry Shrimp”. :)
I always jump to the conclusion that "RCS" means red crystal shrimps and not red cherry shrimps. Either way, acronyms/common names can be confusing.

RCS reach maturity in around 75 days or 10-11 weeks if the temp is kept at around 25. They will mature faster in warmer water - but also have sorter lives - the opposite is true of colder water.
Common abbreviations (no idea why)
RCS = Red Cherry Shrimp
CRS = Crystal Red Shrimp

RCS reach maturity in around 75 days or 10-11 weeks if the temp is kept at around 25. They will mature faster in warmer water - but also have sorter lives - the opposite is true of colder water.
Common abbreviations (no idea why)
RCS = Red Cherry Shrimp
CRS = Crystal Red Shrimp
I was just wondering, I'll have to look back and see when I moved my 3 shrimp. I am seeing lots of activity in their tank, and I am noticing three main sizes. I'll get pictures up. Tiny shrimp are a blast!

In my tank, 12 weeks.
When I first got cherry shrimps I had trouble keeping them alive. I was down to the last shrimp, a berried female, so I moved her to my quarantine tank. One morning I got up to find her dead, but when I started to clean out the tank I discovered a lot of baby shrimps. I left them in the QT to make sure they were all OK before I moved them to their permanent home, but when I realised one was a berried female I moved the others and left her in the QT. Her babies were born 12 weeks after she was born.

I was just wondering, I'll have to look back and see when I moved my 3 shrimp. I am seeing lots of activity in their tank, and I am noticing three main sizes. I'll get pictures up. Tiny shrimp are a blast!
Are they males? Or females? Males are smaller and less red. Females are much bigger and all red.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back