Random Fin Nipping With My Black Tetras?

Ok thanks. So I have another question one of the long finned black tetras is consitpated because his stomach looks bloated and he didn't eat today. I seprated him and tried to feed him a pea but he would just ignore the food floating right next to him and I even held it and ran it slowely across the surface of the water and he just wouldn't eat it. Would fasting work since I have no way to get around my moms crazy rule saying that I'm experimenting with the fish and she won't let me try anything like the pea, I had to try the pea when she was outside to do it. Or is he refusing food because of the fin rot?

Oh I forgot to ask this. I will be using maracyn 1 to treat for the fin rot should I remove the filter media so it doesn't remove the medicine? Because that is what my lfs said to do and I have done it before on my 10g but am worried about doing it on my long 20g, what do you guys think I should do?

Regular filter media will not remove medications. What can is active Carbon. If you have any Carbon in the filter and it has been there less then a month it is probably a good idea to take it out. If it is older, it is probably inactive by now.

Shelled peas are excellent food for many fish. I feed peas a couple of times a week.

You mean deshelled peas? No this filter media has been running for like 3 to 5 months. Do you think If I put peas in the tank for all the fish would he eat it?

>>> deshelled

:lol: Yes, I guess so. In Europe, the act of taking the peas from the shells is "shelling" the peas, so the result is peas that have been shelled, hence shelled peas. May be different in the US.

I don't know the answer to your question, try it and see.

>>> deshelled

:lol: Yes, I guess so. In Europe, the act of taking the peas from the shells is "shelling" the peas, so the result is peas that have been shelled, hence shelled peas. May be different in the US.

I don't know the answer to your question, try it and see.

are shelled peas ok for all fish all the time, or just particularly good for sick fish? ive also heard they like tiny bits of cucumber?

i was eating a hard boiled egg the other day and put a tiny bit of the yolk in the tank, and my tiger barbs LOVED it! :thumbs:

Ok thanks laterialline. If the peas sink to the bottom before the tetras get it will my pleco eat it?

I would certainly expect your plec to eat them. As always, if any remain uneaten after a day, they should be removed, but leaving them overnight is a good thing.

Thanks again. Also if they don't eat could the next day I try and trick them by mixing it with their regular flake food?

If you think you can. Normally the peas sink and flakes float.

Mush the peas up really well between fingers so they can get some, yes my plec eats the peas they are good for all fish, flushes they out, keeps them going to the toilet, also frozen daphnia is good in there diet, good at digesting there food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back