Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I can't believe that actually happened... It's hard to believe almost.
The husband could have been mad at the fact they don't do holidays. Sometimes there are wives or husbands who dont believe in that religion and have a hard time with the spouses beliefs.

The fact though he killed his wife because of that is just so disturbing. I can't believe it, really 😞

Last edited:
Just found out that they were FORMER members and that thankfully there were no services taking place at the time...
But it sounded like he was trying to blow up the Hall.
There was a bomb found...

People are insane really...

It could have been serious depression as well
Yeah. Very well could be...
But blowing up a place? That seems a bit extreme. I mean a murder/suicide is extreme as well but blowing a place up that they used to attend services at seems like it wouldn't JUST be depression. It could have played a role but maybe not the only thing...

Untitled-1.png

My son has just received two letters.

We bought the flat he lives in in 2021. We completed the purchase in June 2021 and the flat had been empty from December 2020.

The letters were each inside plastic sleeves with a general letter apologising or the late delivery as the letters had just been "found in their network". One was a gas and electricity bill dated 19 March 2021 (even though the flat was unoccupied the then owner was still responsible for the bill). The other was not dated, but it was from the local council saying that there was no-one listed in the electoral register for the address so fill in the enclosed form to be able to vote in the local election in May 2021.

Where have they been for the last 22 months?

My son has just received two letters.

We bought the flat he lives in in 2021. We completed the purchase in June 2021 and the flat had been empty from December 2020.

The letters were each inside plastic sleeves with a general letter apologising or the late delivery as the letters had just been "found in their network". One was a gas and electricity bill dated 19 March 2021 (even though the flat was unoccupied the then owner was still responsible for the bill). The other was not dated, but it was from the local council saying that there was no-one listed in the electoral register for the address so fill in the enclosed form to be able to vote in the local election in May 2021.

Where have they been for the last 22 months?
Probably goes without saying, but don't pay it.

That's another story......

The previous owner bought the flat from newly built and rented it out. When there is no tenant in residence (between tenants and empty while the selling process went at a snail's pace during Covid lockdown) the owner of the property is supposed to pay the utility bills. If the tenant vacates leaving unpaid bills, the owner has to pay them then chase the tenant through the courts to get his money back. In the case of gas and electric, even though there is no-one there using anything there is still a daily standing charge payable.
When we finally got the keys to the flat in June 2021, the letterbox was stuffed full. The contents included estimated gas/electric bills for December 20, January, February, April and June 2021. There was no bill for March or May - we now know what happened to March's bill, but why no May?

Our son read both meters and contacted the company to say he'd just moved in so he was given a new account number. A few days later a final bill for old account arrived. We took all these bills to the estate agent who sold the flat and asked them to pass them on to the previous owner.

A few months later, three letters arrived at the flat from a debt collection agency, each for a different gas/electric account with unpaid outstanding bills. My husband composed a letter detailing the date we had bought the flat and giving the seller's name address from the conveyancing documents. He laid it on thick saying our son now lived in fear of bailiffs coming and removing all his property. It took a few months more but we finally had letters saying the bills were not our responsibility and they had made contact with the previous owner from the details we gave them.

The water bill was another issue.
Again our son contacted them to say he'd just moved in. In July the water company announced that every day that month if a customer submitted a meter reading, they would be entered into a prize draw, so our son read the meter every day and submitted the reading. Then he realised that his readings were going up and up even though he wasn't actually living there, he was living with us while he totally redecorated the flat. So he contacted the water company who sent an engineer out.
Our son had realised the problem straight away but the water company needed to confirm it. There are 6 flats in the building and 6 water meters outside. The bill gives the meter number, so our son looked for the meter with the number on his bill and turned the stop tap off. His water still ran. The engineer confirmed that the wrong meter had been allocated to his account. So not only did they write off the amount owing up to that date, they also credited his account with £40 for the inconvenience.

Probably getting an Echindorus Grisebanchii Bleherae, what has your experience been with this plant?

Νever fertilized any of my tanks and I'm not really wanting to tbh.... I think it'll do fine with all the mulm in the tank. We'll see I guess.
In my experience, with dirt-under-sand substrates, some plants struggle and some do fine. My default is always not fertilizing artificially. Just keep an eye on them and add ferts if necessary.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back