Ramshorn Bladder infestation

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

momsspaghett

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello. I currently have a 8 gal cubed tank which is only occupied with snails. Started with a few, now a whole army. Just wondering what is the easiest way to get rid of all of them so I can start over this fish tank? The tank is planted but has died down with plants because of the snails munching down on everything. Thanks! Would love some tips.

I would strip the tank down, soak everything in bleach, rinse very well, and start over.
If that's not an option, you could add some assassin snails....BUT, they breed as well, just not nearly as fast or prolifically as ramshorns...

Hello. I currently have a 8 gal cubed tank which is only occupied with snails. Started with a few, now a whole army. Just wondering what is the easiest way to get rid of all of them so I can start over this fish tank? The tank is planted but has died down with plants because of the snails munching down on everything. Thanks! Would love some tips.
As @Slaphppy7 said, you could completely redo the tank. That would guarantee that they were gone for good.

Other less drastic measures include the following: Removing them manually, reduce feeding, and/or get a pea puffer ;). This is one of the instances where getting a fish to solve problems, is good. :)

Just drop an algae wafer in over night and then collect them in the morning, they'll be on and around the waefer, then going forward, reduce feeding as @PheonixKingZ suggested :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back