Rams With Galaxy Rasboras & Ember Tetra's

tenohfive

Always room for one more tank...
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Beds, UK
Having to do a big tank reshuffle at the moment. Am having to move most of the residents of my 65L community into my newly setup 180L community tank which is out of the way, whereas my 65L is in view of my living room.

I'm looking to move a group of galaxy rasboras into the 65L (where I can keep an eye on them and try to get them to spawn) but I really don't want to move my Rams - I love having them about.

What I was thinking of doing was moving the rasboras in and if the Rams chase them and don't give them any peace, move the rams. If they get on fine, leave them.

Anyone kept them together before?
 
You should be fine, celestial danios are quite peaceful and usually only squabble between themselves.
 
I keep Galaxy Rasboras (celestial danios) together with ember tetras and they get along really well. Rams would probably ignore them. So tiny.
 
I'm not worried about the CPD's creating issues, its the rams bullying them - they're the most assertive fish in that tank.

If no-ones tried it I'll give it a go, easy enough to rehome one or other party if they aren't playing ball.
 
I wouldnt suggest it. Galaxy's will be eaten, by the other tetra's ( when my lfs sold them, they needed to be in a diff tank,a s the other tetra's were eating them), and the rams will eat them too.
 
The rams I have my concerns about, the embers won't eat them though - they're the same size as galaxy rasboras
 

Most reactions

Back
Top