Rams And Angels Together?

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Reading mixed advice, all I need is success/horror stories to prove or disprove it can be done. If I had all female Angels would it work better? Or a 2 male, 3 female with the rams?
 
It's basically impossible to sex Angelfish so I don't know how you would tell but I have heard that it's okay as long as there is enough space for each species.
 
I have been doing this for quite a while in 29G and 125G tanks - with many angels in the 125G and a mated pair in the 29G, never saw any issues. The angels and rams pretty much leave each other alone, unless there are eggs. Then it can get pretty ugly, but both types of fish seem to know to stay away from the other.
 
I have s bolivian rams and 2 angels and no probs at all, previously ive had, german rams, goldram, dwarf cichlids like borellis and kribs, none bother the angels they seem to above it all. di
 
Thanks for the replies guys, the tank is big enough for them to stay away from each other
 

Most reactions

Back
Top