Raising Fry As Food For Others

Spishkey

Spishkeys Turtle Rescue
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
2,000
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Belgium
is there any guidelines i need to follow, how big should they be? what do i feed them?

cruel i know but i just dont have the room for anymore fry to keep longterm, so may as well use them as feeders?
 
Preferably not more than 3 day olds.... Depending on who you want to feed them to, Oscars will take your whole brood in 30 seconds.

Latest reports (that I've seen) however states that it does build fat, but are less effective as "conditioning foods"..... it used to be believed that the best food for fish is fish, but this has now been disproved.
 
oh i never knew that, i thought fish were good for fish! ah it will be a once a month treat!
 
oh i never knew that, i thought fish were good for fish! ah it will be a once a month treat!

Just a little while ago, I fed (and counted) 50 platy fry per day to 8 Angelfish & none of them survived any feeding.....(for at least 4 months) as soon as I put 'em in, they'd be devoured....... It was only when I started feeding the Angels chopped earthworm, that they started breeding..
 

Most reactions

Back
Top