Raise your hand...

I always talk to my fish...hehe
These are the most common thing I tell them:
"Hey! Be nice to her!" (that's to the male fish who bugger the female too much)
"Hello there ^__^"
"Come out, come out where ever you are"
"Dinner time!!! Hope you like it!"
"Hey read the rules, bullying is NOT allowed!"

Yep. When I go out to college I reassure them that I'm coming back later in case they think I'm deserting them :/ and a lot of other stuff too.

LOL!! Yeah!! I'm sooo glad i'm not the only one! My husband thinks i'm completely insane but I talk to my fish every single day! Every morning I kneel in front of the tank and say 'good morning babies!' and we have a nice little discussion during their breakfast. I always say 'goodbye' and greet them again when i come home.....

ok... maybe i am crazy! :D

But......... whenever i come within 10 feet of the tank they all come dashing over greet me.... they don't when he's nearby! (unless he has the food) :rofl:

Val

Just call them poor babies when I get home because they're always so eager for food.

That's it, though. Well, then there's the times I catch them and when I try to coax them to breed. :lol:

Oh yeah :rofl: My bf wont even come to fish stores with me anymore because I talk to all the fish, and people look at me like Im crazy. :fun: But I dont care cuz theyre cute.

LMAO I talk to my fishies a lot too! I tell them to knock it off when they're being mean, mostly, but sometimes one of them comes up to the glass and I feel like he's talking back... At least now I know I'm not the only one :p

yep i always talk to my fish most of them by names as well sad or what g/f is sat here reading what i am writing and just laughing and nodding her head :p

sad but you just gotta do it

I don't talk to my big tank, I have occasionally sworn at them for being so picky :look: But they're african cichlids and really have no interest in me!

I DO talk to all the bettas, I gush at how pretty they are and I tell everybody to hold their horses at feeding time. I always,always talk to the midas, he takes offense if you DON'T talk to him :rolleyes:

My biggest embarassment is the hand motions when I have eye contact with a begging fish. I can be really busy and glance over at a betta who hasn't had breakfast yet and I aways give the 'just 1 second,ok?' finger like they understand :rolleyes: well...by now they probably DO understand :lol: :*)

Now that you have me paying attention to it, i talk quite a bit. I tell my female auratus (who has murdered two husbands) that we're on to her and she better watch her back :rolleyes:
I tell my bettas to hold on and "chill out" when I'm feeding and they're going nuts.
I asked one of my females how she would like it if she was being chased.
I told my Salvini in referrence to the green terror, "He can eat too, knock it off"
I say goodnight fishies when I turn off their lights, and I apologize if they jump when I turn them back on.

This was all last night, so I guess I am quite a talker. I encourage it too, i tell my kids, "Say hi fishies!" :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back