Rainbow Rock - Expensive!

ChilliPepper

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just came back from Seapets, where I found a nice white piece of rainbow rock with a hole in it, perfect for my betta's tank.

I went along to the till, and was very surprised when my bill came to £57!!! I had also got two silk plants for a few quid each. I was aghast when she said the rock was £44!!!!!!! Is that a correct price??? I'd have thought more like a fiver for this rock!

Is it true that this rock is expensive??????

Zooplus have a large coloured rock, the same as the one in Seapets but this was white, at £7.90! http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/decorat...ral_rocks/43344

Have Seapets got it wrong???
 
23 views, no replies - is that because it's a stupid question? :rolleyes:
 
It's prob cause not many people have bought that rock so know the going rate for it? :lol:

It sounds a ridiculous price IMO, and maybe it scanned incorrectly at the til? Or she put it through wrong?

Eitherways just get some from somewhere else.
 
I'd go back and ask if they ment £4.40. seems an awfull lot of money, mind you I personally like the look of that myself.
 
Yes, I think that's bound to be a decimal point error. I'm sure it should be £4.40 (they probably rang it through at £20/kilo instead of £2 or something similar).
 
I have seen some ridiculous prices for some decorations. Doesn't hurt to go back and ask, but be prepared to walk away.
 
Thanks for replies :lol:

The rock was bagged with a barcode on the tag - I might ask them to double check the price if I am up that way again. Thought I'd ask here incase it was some amazing rock which warranted that ridiculous price! The girl on the till said she knew nothing about aquatics, but it's not even live rock, and a small bit at that :lol:
 
Thats way too expensive - think gold is currently selling for less than that!

UNless of-course it is that fabled rainbow rock that is actually made of compressed weather phenomena - but they are known to be incrediably rare and come with a pot o'gold on each side...
 
I can't believe you left the shop-that's outrageous! I paid £7.99 for a piece about 8x5" from a maidenhead aquatics. Def. go back and check. Pick up another piece, pretend you want to buy it and ask for the price. Should have been priced up before you bought it really, and at that price, you'd have thought they'd mention it!
Please let us know what the outcome is :)
 
I am in Canada but that type of rock is all around $30-50 depending on size/shape/colour. Quite ridiculous so I just ended up going down to the lake and picking me up some cool (not as cool though) looking rocks.
 
Are we talking about the same thing here? This is my piece
3456401858_7e406d6925.jpg
 
If it is the one on zooplus then they have way overcharged you as seen them in a store near here (cannnnttttt remmeber right now which one) but definately not £40!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top