rabbit snail

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've had my rabbit snail in my 29 gallon for over 1.5 months now. He was always really active and moving around my tank looking for food. 4 days ago he didn't come out of his shell the whole day. For the next 3 days he was tucked really far up inside his shell and in the same spot of my tank. I picked him up today and smelled his shell to see if it smelled rotten but it didn't. I know he's not dead but how long can he go without food and without coming out of his shell? I'm really worried about him. My water parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 7 nitrate.

If you smelled his shell, and it smelled bad, he is probably dead. Keep an eye on him. Put a blanched cucumber (or whatever you feed him) underneath him, when you put him in the tank.

He should come out when hes hungry. My mystery snail will close himself up for a few days sometimes. Just keep an eye on him

How are your parameters? I have found if snails are not as active it can come down to something not right in the tank

I smelled his shell again just now and it smelled awful. I'm really going to miss him :(. I know people may think it's just a snail but I loved that snail so much. What could have caused him to die? He was eating one day and dead the next.
R.I.P. Pebbles. You will be missed my little snail. :rip:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back