R.i.p Trigger (my Oscar) And His 9 Tank Mates!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thanks guys im still gutted all my fish and trigg have gone i keep looking over at their empty tank and my eye's fill up as i expect trigg to be starring back at me begging for food or to be played with, anyhow after further inspection of the heater the fuse had blown and the glass had exploded in the heater, we turned all other electrics off while we were away and reckon it just gave the heater a bit more power than it could handle,
my partner wanted to get more fish for the tank but i said it has to go it really would not be the same to have the same tank and other fish in there oscar owners will understand its like loosing a family member especially when they are so affectionate like trigg was and at such a young age he had loads of life left in him, but it wasnt meant to be :(

:rip: To all your poor fish, I had a similar thing happen to my Salt water tank, the heater went up to 100 F and killed all the fish :( I was so devastated!

That's HORRIBLE. Trigger was a beauty.

You have to think about all the fun you've had keeping em tho. It's easy to get fixated on something so unfortunate. Getting another setup would probably be the best remedy of all.

Wow that really Sucks

I am just getting back in my fish hobbie. I used to have a breeding pair of Oscars. I can not count the number of tank heaters they broke but nothing happen like that.

Bad news but the silver lining is that you, your wife or daughter didnt have your hand in the tank at the time!

It could have been a lot worse.

This is an old post that's been resurrected... happened last summer I believe.

Athena

Last time I went on a 15 day vacation I asked my roommate to feed me fish.

When I came back everyone was alive and the tank looked great.
"Thanks for feeding my fish while I was away." I told her.
"Your FISH!!! I completely forgot about them..." she replied.

Never know what can happen when you go out of town. Accidents always happen. Sorry about your fish. No way you could have known the heater would explode.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back