Quick Question

andy.ahad

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds, W. Yorks, UK
Hi

Would it be possible to steralise a tank, ornaments, nets etc with bleach, rinse a few times then use massive amounts of dechlorinator to neutralise the toxins and use again straight away?

Cheers
Andy
 
Ornaments are probably better off being boiled, they tend to be porous and can hold on to bleach even after rinsing thoroughly.
 
Should be yep :)

But can I ask why you need to?

Sure:)

I bought some guppies from a LFS that were infected with columnaris, which wiped out my entire tank! I cleaned it out with hot water and restocked with endlers and guppies from a local breeder. These too were all wiped out with columnaris. So, I'm gonna ditch all my gravel and clean everything else as stated above!!

Andy

PS No amount of myxazin, melafix, pimafix or interpet anti rot and fungus would cure the indected fish! I wish this forum had a shop name and shame section!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top