Quick Question

Kernel

New Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Points
0
<Drunk version>
I havea bottle of RO water in my room (25 litre drum) and I really can't remember if I have put RO Right in it or not. Would there be any major issues with putting a double dose of RO Right in it? It would just be double the mineral would it not, it will only be used for smallish water changes, say 20 litres to 200 litres.

<Sober version :P>
I have a 25 litre drum of RO water in my room and I really can't remember if I have put RO Right in it or not. Would there be any major issues with putting a double dose of RO Right in? I think it would just be double the mineral content would it not, it will only be used for smallish water changes, say 10-20 litres in a 200 litre tank. So I would have thoguht that it would cause any major issue as I'm adding about 10% clean water, any excess RO right would disperse in the rest of the water
 
Isn't RO water very acidic? Do you add anything to buffer it...what the heck are you talking about? It depends on how much it would change your water parameters and what you're keeping ????
 
RO water isn't acidic. Pure RO water will have a pH of 7.

Kernel, the parameters of your water depend on what fish you are keeping. Can you let us know what fish you have, and why you are using RO water so we can advise better?
 
I use RO water as the tap water around this area is terrible, and I can't be bothered to add copious amounts of chemicals to my tank to sort out my levels.
There are no special fish in the tank, one Pleco, 3 rummy nosed tetra's, 2 bourneo suckers, some form of cat fish, 2 albino things my brother bought that I am still to identify lol and a silver hachet
 
my thought would be that there should be some way to test if you have added it or not, like does the RO Right stuff change the pH or anything like that? Then you'd be able to test it for pH or whatever and see if it's been added or not.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top