Quick question for my fellow fish keepers....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Se@food is my favourite B) , fish (either cooked or raw - eg. sashimi), shrimps, shrimp eggs, crabs, lobsters (whether cooked or raw taste equally well!), scallops, clams, mussels, abalone, squid, octopus, jellyfish, shark fin :*) etc, although I don't like sea cucumbers or sea urchins.

Btw, Kevin, how / where do u eat the snakes? I love it with soup (snake soup) but I can't find any here in where I live! (I mean no restaurants do this)

Oh n I like water snails too! It's fantastic with satay sauce!

I don't eat as much fish as I would if my kids wouldn't be such whiners about it, but they love breaded fish of almost any variety, and they especially love shrimp. I like it grilled with lemon/garlic/tarragon and stuff so it's healthier. We all love crab, but who can afford that? So we buy the imitation crabmeat sometimes and pretend. :fun: My husband likes smoked oysters. :p

Hubby also loves surf and turf. Personally, I could go years without beef, but my other half would never get by. I like the occasional piece of chicken or omelet, and a few thin slices of a good pork tenderloin -- even a bit of filet mignon if it's like, my birthday or something. If I lived alone, I would be a vegetarian for sure, at least a majority of the time. I could easily live on stuff like lentils, potatoes, fruit, and vegies with a supplement of grain and dairy. My family wouldn't last a week without noodles, but it is really only my husband that is committed to meat at every meal, if at all possible. :-(

I don't get any twinges of guilt eating fish. After all, they eat each other! You can't say that about cows, pigs, chickens, deer, rabbits, buffalo, (I'm not sure about dogs).:lol:

feline, u get to eat snake soup at chinese resturants, well at leaast that's where i go to, and u don't live in ontario so i don't know any resturants in ur area

The only times I had snake soups were when I was in Hong Kong. Perhaps there's more chinese in ur area so that's y they'll do the snake soup. Here, none of the chinese restaurants do it. N I dont have the guts to pick one up (if i'm lucky enough to see one) n cook it myself......

You vegetarians are cruel,how can you eat them poor vegetables that have no means of escape or protecting themselves. :lol: Ill eat most animals and sea food but i dont think id eat snake,dog or cat.

In their country of origin most of the fish we keep as pets are a valued food source,ive even seen a article about some amazonian indians which were eating a M.tigrinus (zebra shovel nose catfish),in England these fish cost upwards of £400.

Kevin,

It's the mini CN Tower :) It's right by the IMAX theatre, where Main Street turns into Lundy's Lane.

Mogo

first of all yes i'm originally from hong kong and um i'v never heard of the mini cn tower but i want to go there since i live near the real cn tower

You live right down town then, eh? My bro lives in the city too, King and Bathurst. The new windmill is pretty cool, apparently it generates enough power for 250 houses. Maybe now they should do something about the polluted lake. :blink:

Mogo

yeah...well.....I love seafood...it's my favorite! Love beef, chicken, pork, lamb, turkey...all that good stuff. But I have to draw the line with snakes and snails. Didn't they eat snake in one of the Indiana Jones movies? Yeah, well... I didn't think people actually did that. I can eat oysters, but wouldn't snails be the ultimate slimy...hmm.... :sick: ...

yeah i can't beleive i ate snails but they wern't slimy they were cooked and now i want to throw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

EDIT: snakes r good though :rolleyes: :nod: :look:

I love fish, especially catfish in a beer batter and fried, either that or seared tuna or blackened sea bass. yum.. i especially like sushi!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back