Questions regarding the Juwel Lido 200 project

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I might get a Juwel Lido 200 for my Orinoco biotope, but that won't happen until I stop pulling out my eyelashes and eyebrows. If allowed, the tank will be gradually and heavily stocked, and waiting for weeks before introducing new species. The existing cardinal tetras are first, then the new ones and so on (the rummy-nose and red phantom if possible). Since my bedroom and the rest of the home doesn't have enough space for say a Rio or Vision (my bed takes up a lot of space), I think it's the best bet we'll get. I need help experimenting with the aquarium for filtration and other stuff before it is even made. I know about the golden rule of fishkeeping, never trust the LFS or its advice except for tanks like these. I've been wanting a biotope aquarium for a long time, and this will be my first attempt of doing it. I've done a lot of research about the habitat for all three tetra species, as they are native to the Orinoco, and I might start keeping them in the future.

I have a lot of questions regarding the setup and the biotope. How do I try to accurately simulate the seasonal changes of the Orinoco for this biotope? Is it okay to do so without stressing the tetras? Since the tank is 65cm height, 71cm length and 51cm diameter, will it fit a small group of all 3 tetra species? How can I recreate a heavily vegetated section of the Orinoco River accurately? And finally, do I need a natural layer of biofilm to make my biotope more accurate?

Most reactions

Back