Questions On Compatibility, Conditions, Filtering, Heating, Food, Subs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Akeath

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Alright. I've done several weeks worth of research, and now I need some opinions and advice on what I am planning specifically.

Would these fish be compatible?
10 Harlequin Rasboras
11 Neon Tetras
8 Panda Cories
10 Marble Hatchetfish

I may add more individuals for each species, but I think my main aim will be to get those numbers first (gradually, of course) and see how those do, then adjust accordingly.

I haven't started up the tank yet, but once I do and get it cycled and all the nitrites etc. in proper levels, this is what I'm going to try to aim for as far as water goes:

74-78 degrees (23.3-25.5 Celsius)
4-10 water hardness. Anyone know of the best way to get this level? My water is slightly harder than what I am aiming for.
6.0-7.2 pH (should be very easy for me to get, judging by my other tanks)
Do these sound like good conditions for the fish I'm planning?

I also have a lot of questions for the filter. I don't know much about filtering this large of a tank. What kind of filter should I get (excluding the undergravel, which I can't get cause of the Cories)? I want some current for the Hatchetfish too.

Also, what should I get to heat it?

I'm planning to feed flake food (any recommendations?)
Sinking cory cat food
and live food, probably a mix of brine shrimp, blood worms, and daphnia.

And does anyone know where I can get some dark sand or dark fine gravel for cheap? Or what kinds I should be looking for?

I'm going for dim to medium light, as I understand that some of the species don't like bright lights.
My plants will be fake (I just don't want to mess with live), and for furniture I'm planning some floating plants, then plenty of plants to the sides and back, with an open space in the front/middle for swimming, and some aquarium furniture that looks like wood and caves.

75 gallon? ooooooh im going to throw a spanner in the works now lol. how about basing the tank around a severum? wonderful fish full of personality and at 75g youre big enough for a sev.

Most reactions

Back